S32K312 The HSE FW fails to be installed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312 The HSE FW fails to be installed

sean_xie
Contributor I

S32K312 chip was used in our project, and S32K314 chip was used for debugging before. The HSE FW was successfully installed on chip 314 at once, but was never successfully installed on chip 312

1. If the installation fails, the HSW FW is placed at the start address of 0x400000, and 0xAA, 0xBB, 0xCC, 0xDD,0xDD, 0xCC, 0xBB, 0xAA is written at the address of 0x1B000000, and the MCU is reset. The return value of Hse_Ip_GetHseStatus(MU0_INSTANCE_U8) is always 0.

2. The SBAF version of the chip is as follows. If you have tried the following HSW FW versions, the installation fails.1.png2.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

yangyong1
Contributor I

hi @lukaszadrapa 

thanks for you support. i have successfully install the HSE FW using the method you provided.

But I had another problem after install HSE FW, could you plese help me to analys it.

the program will alway stay in  pass App_GetHseAttrCapabilities to  wait the response. and about after 5 seconds, the cpu will reset by HSE_SWT_RST.

yangyong1_0-1685614005923.png

yangyong1_4-1685615221766.png

yangyong1_1-1685614784174.png

yangyong1_2-1685614894721.png

0 Kudos

SethWang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Do you have problems running the DEMO APP? Please check whether your clock configuration is strictly in accordance with the configuration of OPTION B. Please check if your firmware installation process is the same as that of the attachment. It is recommended to find another board, use the installation method of the accessory, and then try the HSE function again. If you use MCAL code, please check whether your code calls the Power_IP_SetMode function? This function is located in the Mcu_SetMode function. Power mode needs to be configured.

Best Regards

Seth

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yangyong1 

I'm not sure what's going on. Because I will be out of office next couple of days and I'm running out of time now, could you please submit new ticket here?

https://support.nxp.com/s/?language=en_US

I will ask my colleagues to check this.

Thanks,

Lukas

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sean_xie 

I can't see reason for this, it should work. The only minor issue is that there's older version of SBAF on your device and new firmware (0.2.6.0) is only partially compatible. To make if fully compatible, the SBAF needs to be updated. Well, but that's possible only if HSE FW is already installed...

As you pointed out, programming of usage flag at 0x1B000000 and programming of the pink file to 0x00400000 are the only requirements for installation without IVT.

Let's double check everything - once FW usage flag is programmed, flash memory at 0x005D_4000 - 0x005F_FFFF should be reserved for HSE only. If you check this area by debugger, can you see anything? There should be question marks only.

Did you check if the pink file is programmed correctly?

Is there anything on your board what could reset the device during FW installation?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

yangyong1
Contributor I

hi @lukaszadrapa,

xie and I in the same project.

1.There are question marks only at 0x005D_4000 - 0x005F_FFFF.

2.pink file is programmed correctly.

3.we using debug tool to reset and using power off to power on to reset, the result is the same. 

4.the FSR is aways equal to 0.

the attach is source code, could you please help to check it?

yangyong1_0-1685586114402.png

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I can see that you are programming the pink file to the flash together with application software. It looks like this is the reason. According to HSE FW RM, there should be no valid IVT:

lukaszadrapa_0-1685606021778.png

Could you try to program only the pink file without application? Then you can erase the flash and load application only. I guess that this will solve the problem. Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos