cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K3 Watchdog delay Callback to Reset

Jump to solution
rexoplans
Contributor III

How can I introduce a delay between Reset and Callback? The Watchdog module is resetting the processor before the Callback function completes its operation. I want to separate Callback and Reset. How can I do this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

However, I perform a task within the callback, and the processor resets before this task completes.

Then simply refresh or disable/reenable watchdog inside your function.

I can introduce a delay using the RCM module. How can I achieve this in the S32K3 series?

The RCM is not present here. RGM will react directly on the timeout or SWT with functional reset.

petervlna_1-1695109528891.png

You can also set SWT to generate interrupt first, so the reset will be generated on second timeout.

petervlna_0-1695109161282.png

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please specify about which watchdog are you talking? SWT or some external one?

Simply extend the SWT timeout in case you are talking about it.

petervlna_0-1695029345128.pngpetervlna_1-1695029422688.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III

Actually, I misspoke. I can enter the watchdog callback function without any issues. However, I perform a task within the callback, and the processor resets before this task completes. In the S32K1 series, I can introduce a delay using the RCM module. How can I achieve this in the S32K3 series?

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

However, I perform a task within the callback, and the processor resets before this task completes.

Then simply refresh or disable/reenable watchdog inside your function.

I can introduce a delay using the RCM module. How can I achieve this in the S32K3 series?

The RCM is not present here. RGM will react directly on the timeout or SWT with functional reset.

petervlna_1-1695109528891.png

You can also set SWT to generate interrupt first, so the reset will be generated on second timeout.

petervlna_0-1695109161282.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III
Actually, I couldn't disable reset seq without Power Ip module.But now, I havent problem.
0 Kudos
rexoplans
Contributor III
And I'm using SWT
0 Kudos