cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K148 LIN - no communication

gregymcwood
Contributor I

Hello!

I doing some development with an S32K148 devboard with LIN communication. But the problem is that I dont recieve any communication from the LIN port. I have tried both the LIN master and slave example without LIN stack. 

I followed the instructions using LIN2 port on the EVB and attached LIN and GND (removed J21 when using Slave). The EVB is connected to an LIN-bus with an external interface to send/receive data to the EVB. But I cannot see any data being sent nor recieved in the EVB. The only time I see data is when I re-plug the power-cable to the EVB.

Am I missing something? Do I need any other cables connected? I have 12V external voltage.

I know that the example is suppose to have 2 EVB, but I only have 1 and a interface which can send data on LIN.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

saurabhkulkarni123
Contributor II

Hello @gregymcwood ,

I'm facing the same problem, I'm using the s32k148 176pin controller and connecting LIN1 to LIN2 on the same board. but not showing any data. Did you solve your problem? If yes please let me know what kind of changes are required.

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gregory,

Which examples exactly have you tried?

Can you test the lin_master_s32k148 SDK example?

You should see this signal:

danielmartynek_0-1633439024708.png

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

argonaut
Contributor I

from which pin I should get this?

A

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @argonaut,

In the example mentioned above, it is PTC9.

danielmartynek_0-1654082058149.png

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

argonaut
Contributor I

Hi, @danielmartynek 

Seems to be same problem, as here
As my board is also 148, I had to change to LPUART0, as there is only one LIN transceiver. Same goes to chip information  etc. and the name of boards, as examples are for 144 board.

Thank you!

A

0 Kudos

argonaut
Contributor I

Hi @danielmartynek 

Thank you!

Can't find PTC9 pin on my board (S32K148EVB-Q176)! I've tried LIN1 and LIN2 pins - no luck. Probably not meant for beginner. No instructions or manuals how to work ok connect etc. Or my board is somehow a mess, cause all i see on picoscope, is just a 12v and no LIN messages.

KR

Argo

0 Kudos