Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K148 ENET sleep

Jump to solution
jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

Hello,

In my application I would like to use 100Base-T1 PHY chip which supports Automotive Ethernet Version 2.0 TC-10 sleep feature. This feature is to wakeup/sleep the PHY via 100Base-T1 link. The PHY can also generate an interrupt on a GPIO pin when wakeup/sleep command is received over the link.

Do I need to consider anything in the MAC (ENET) to support this feature? Can magic packet detection for sleep/wakeup in ENET  be disabled in my application and still have support for TC-10 feature?

Do I need to put MAC (ENET) to sleep mode when PHY receives TC-10 sleep command?

Best regards,

Jakub

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the answer.

Regards,

Jakub

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

Hello Martin,

The PHY would be RTL9000AA or  RTL9000AN.

Regards,

Jakub

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jakub,

TC-10 is PHY feature, which is not dependent on MAC you use. So, you do not have to set anything on the MAC side.

You can disable magic packet detection, because this is used to wake up MAC from the sleep mode, not PHY.

Do I need to put MAC (ENET) to sleep mode when PHY receives TC-10 sleep command?

No, this is completely independent and it depends on your application if you want to set MAC to sleep.

Regards,

Martin

jakub_mielczare
Contributor III

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the answer.

Regards,

Jakub

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jakub,

could you please write me, which PHY you use and share your PHY connection with MAC?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos