Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146EVB DMA Configuration

Jump to solution
ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am trying to configure the ADC with DMA data transfer, but no success. some how i am missing the config, also i am reading the datasheets for many time.

please share some example for the baremetal/register configuration for the ADC data capture using DMA.

By,

Arunkumar.V

0 Kudos
1 Solution
10 Replies
ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the reply.

i am new to this environment, so its hard to understand the dma operation with the peripheral. 

I got one application note: AN5413.pdf and i am referring it. 

My doubt is to get the ADC data, DMA and TCD configuration is needed. why we need to use the PDB block?

I cant visualize the each block connectivity. pls share some reference to understand the dma with other block connectivity.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

ArunkumarV

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

read chapters DMAMUX and eDMA of the RM. eDMA does just data movement between memory/peripherals/... according to setting given in channel TDC upon HW or SW DMA trigger. DMAMUX is used to route peripheral's DMA request to DMA channels. List of DMA sources/request is given in the S32K1xx DMA Interrupt Mapping.xls file attached to the RM.
PDB can be used for HW triggering of ADC conversions, thus offload CPU. For sure you need not to use it and do single SW triggered conversion.

BR, Petr

ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

I am trying to use the Processor Expert in S32 ide for the chip S32k146, i tried with the example S32K146_Project_PDB able to see the configuration and data's.

But the example project configured with PDB and ADC only. Trying to add the DMA for the data collection in the Processor Expert, getting struggle in the API usage.

any reference for Processor expert or document for the DMA and ADC with PDB configurations available?

Kindly share some link/attachment for the DMA, PDB configurations and API usage.

Thanks,

Arunkumar.V

0 Kudos
siuwash
Contributor I

Hi ~~

How to download the file of this address:

Example S32K144 DMA memory copy test S32DS

I have met some problems,when i debug lpspi RDR to DMA, Could you help me?

0 Kudos
ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi,

I solved the issue my self for the major/minor operations.

Thanks

Arunkumar.V

0 Kudos
ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

I am trying to implement the DMA receive with 1000 data from the ADC with single channel.

The operation as follow

LPTI (every 1ms) -> PDB (pdb0 with one channel) -> ADC (adc0 with one channel) -> DMA interrupt.

The above scenario is working good for receiving one sample with 1ms interval.

I really thank you for the sample configuration which you shared.

But i need to configure the DMA interrupt after it receives 1000 sample datas from ADC.

ADC->R[0] data need to be collected 1000 times after that i need to get the DMA interrupt. i tried to edit the major and minor loop configurations, but no success.

Help me to resolve the issue, thanks in advance.

Best,

Arunkumar.V

0 Kudos
ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

Thanks for the sample, it really helped me to solve the DMA to PDB configuration issue.

It took more time for me to get the operational changes in the code.

Thanks.

Best,

Arunkumar.V

0 Kudos
ArunkumarV
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

Thanks for your input.

i will get back to you once i understand fully.

Thanks,

Arunkumar.V

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos