cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K146 CAN pal example project does not work

vinaybhat88922
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to setup CAN communication in my new evolution board S32K146. To verify the operation, I have PEAK CAN hardware from which i am trying to send CAN messages. However, bot CAN RX and TX are not working. I always get error passive in the PEAK trace software when sending message from PEAK to the S32K146 and when sending messages from S32K146 tp PEAK, i dont see any messages. I dont thin k this is related to baudrate. Please find more details below.

PEAK trace configuration

vinaybhat88922_0-1629456259945.png

CAN config

vinaybhat88922_1-1629456318692.png

HW jumper connections

J104 2-3

J107 1-2

J10 2-3

ps: I am using external 12v supply.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

vinaybhat88922
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for a quick response. Currently if i check, IDLE, SYNC bits are set to 0 in ESR1. I already have a SBC initialisation function that uses SPI index 0 to initialise the SBC to factory settings. If i use function SBC_GetMode after initialisation, i get back the status "SBC_UJA_MODE_MC_NORMAL". Isnt this enough to say the SBC is initialised correctly ?

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

check if also V2 regulator is enabled (V2C bit) and CAN transceiver put in active mode (CMC bits).

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

check FlexCAN ESR1 value, to know the module is synchronized to the bus (IDLE, SYNC bits set). 
If cleared, no communication can be done, most probably RX line is held low by SBC. Then SBC is no longer in default state (Forced normal) when transceiver is enabled.
F
rom the factory the SBC comes in this Forced Normal mode and no special init is needed for the SBC and its CAN transceiver. If the SBC leaves this init mode (by clearing FNMC bit of the SBC configuration control register) then the SBC init must be done. Or restoring factory preset values can be performed as mentioned in SBC datasheet. 

BR, Petr

0 Kudos