S32K144: HOW CAN DMA TRIGGERED BY TRGMUX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144: HOW CAN DMA TRIGGERED BY TRGMUX?

Yang123
Contributor I

I face some problems about using DMA to change PWM.But i do not know how to trigger the DMA periodically.I found we can use TRGMUX, But i do not found some example project or code. So, please give me help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can use direct DMA trigger from FTM as reference manual express:

petervlna_0-1699879575299.png

The available example SW is in SDK package:

petervlna_1-1699880536214.png

I am not fmailiar with those examples, but I see some FTM interrupt ones, which after slight modification according to above can be used to trigger DMA.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Yang123
Contributor I

The requriment that i need use DMA to control the FTM register then change the PWM output.So I need use orther register to  trigger the DMA.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

On which event you need to use DMA to configure FTM?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Yang123
Contributor I

hello 

Actually, I need use DMA to carry an array to FTM,Then use cnv and cncs register to change the PWM. But How to trigger the DMA prodically is the problems i am facing.

I find DMAMUX can triggered by TRGMUX, So i want to know how to use DMAMUX and TRGMUX。 

best wishs

Yang

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I find DMAMUX can triggered by TRGMUX, So i want to know how to use DMAMUX and TRGMUX

Yes, that is correct.

In order to understand your requirement, on which event you want to trigger DMA via TRGMUX?

On some ADC done conversion? PWM period reload? or just simple periodic trigger every time interval? etc...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

rachel3
Contributor I

I am having the same issue and want to trigger every period of the FTM PWM output.

0 Kudos