S32K116 can't work normally from cold boot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K116 can't work normally from cold boot.

Jump to solution
cheney
Contributor III

Dear all:

My board can't boot up when power on,the appearence is showed below:

1. I can debug the mcu using jlink, it work normally. (There's a led, and the led will on when it works normally.)
  2. When i remove the debug enviroment, shutdown the power, wait a minute, then power on the board, the board can't work normally(The led is in off state). I try to assert the RST pin, but the board still not working.(Led is off state.)
  3. When the board is still in the abnormal state, i use jlink-commander to connect the board, and send a "go" command to the board, then the board resume normal, now i assert the RST pin, the board can be reset normally. It indicate that when i give the "go" command, the board works fine.
  4. I use the j-flash to read the program from MCU, it's same as the program as which i flashed.

Here is the development enviroment:

• MCU: S32K116LAM
  • IDE:S32 Design Studio for ARM v2.2 build id: 200116
  • SDK:RTM_3.0.0

Does anyone have the same problem? Or can you give me some ideas to solve it.

Best regard!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi cheney,

Please check if caused by this:S32K118 runs with debugger, but not without

Please also check the debug interface and Reset_b\NMI_b part of circuit by refer to AN5426: Hardware Design Guidelines for S32K1xx – Application Note

Best Regards,
Robin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi cheney,

Please check if caused by this:S32K118 runs with debugger, but not without

Please also check the debug interface and Reset_b\NMI_b part of circuit by refer to AN5426: Hardware Design Guidelines for S32K1xx – Application Note

Best Regards,
Robin

cheney
Contributor III

Hi, Robin:

I add the macro "START_FROM_FLASH" in the assember, it works fine now. Thanks a lot.

Is it a bug in the IDE? I can see the macro defined in the C compiler preprocesser option, but the macro is only used in startup_S32K116.s and the macro is not defined in the assember Symbols.

Best Regards!

Cheney

0 Kudos