Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS generate a huge flash image

Jump to solution
jhuang1
Contributor I

Hi,

My project is using s32k312 as the MCU, it has been developped for a few month and I configured the project settings to generate a flash raw binary image after compiling, it always generated an right image until I add the SPD into my project these days. Once I added the  eMcem module to my project, the flash image generated would be very huge, over 500MB, and the bin file data was all zeros basically except for the flash image head.  

I uploaded my project, which build on RTD2.0.3, please check the project and help me to find the cause.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the problem is, that your project starts on 0x00500000 address and uses int_sram_no_cacheable : (0x2040A100) section. 

Raw binary doesn't have any info about addresses and all the space between 0x00513e84  and 0x2040A100 is filled up by zeroes - that's why is the raw binary so huge.  

If the memory space is not continuous - better idea is to use s-record which contains information about address. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the problem is, that your project starts on 0x00500000 address and uses int_sram_no_cacheable : (0x2040A100) section. 

Raw binary doesn't have any info about addresses and all the space between 0x00513e84  and 0x2040A100 is filled up by zeroes - that's why is the raw binary so huge.  

If the memory space is not continuous - better idea is to use s-record which contains information about address. 

0 Kudos