Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS - S32K344 configuration tool does not update code

Jump to solution
kyf
Contributor V

Hello there !!

I've anticipated a problem quite a few times now. I did change configurations regarding peripherals of S32K344 and the "update code" does only update the .mex file of the project.I'm attaching some screenshots regarding this matter.

A work around this problem is to create a new project and do all the configurations from the beginning but as you can understand this is time consuming and more specific development time consuming .

Some observations of mine are:

1. I believe that this occurred after I've changed the functional group name from BOARD_InitPeriph to FG0.

FunctionalGroup_change.jpg

 2. An other thing that I've noticed is that the folder generate is crossed and not in the supposed to be position.

updateCode_doesnotwork.jpg

     3. Folder generate is crossed. Why is this happening ? How can I change this ?

generated_folder_crossed.jpg

Is there any option that enable/disable "update code" ??

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, then once you face the same issue, let's ping me on this thread, I will check that part

View solution in original post

7 Replies
cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I noticed 1 situation that when click on Update code, but nothing changes except .mex file.
That is when I config then immediately click Update code. I guess this case the Config tool hasn't enough time to load the changes in the config.
So my advice in this case is after change in Config tool, let's wait a few seconds until the progress bar on lower right corner loaded done. Then click on Update code button

0 Kudos
kyf
Contributor V

Probably I've done something similar but the behavior that I've noticed couldn't be fixed. I've tested many many times and the project.mx could not update code.

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
kyf
Contributor V

I'm sorry @cuongnguyenphu but I've deleted the project. I believe either the path was wrong either I've messed up with .project file when I was trying to rename the project.

0 Kudos
cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, then once you face the same issue, let's ping me on this thread, I will check that part

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @cuongnguyenphu .

I'm using S32K3 RTD AUTOSAR 4.4 2.0.0 D2203.

I don't know how this happened either.... but I've tried to clean the project. I've deleted the RTD, board, generated files and I've used the "update code" button in order to create them from scratch but this didn't work either.

For the folder generate and other files are crossed, it's means that these folder/ files itself are excluded from Build

I've tried to include the crossed out files but it didn't work either.

The solution was to create a new workspace and creating a new project from scratch by copy/pasting the code from the old project to the newone.

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you share your project configured? I supposed that somethings in include path setting was wrong.
And I couldn't reproduce the issues 

0 Kudos
cuongnguyenphu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @kyf ,
Which package version you're working on? I reproduce this on my environment but cannot.
For the folder generate and other files are crossed, it's means that these folder/ files itself are excluded from Build

0 Kudos