S32DS FreeRTOS Tasklist view data is empty

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS FreeRTOS Tasklist view data is empty

KunliangYAO
Contributor I

On my windows PC, in S32DS, the example project freertos_s32k148 is working well, and the FreeRTOS tasklist view list the tasks and their information.

But for our project with FreeRTOS, the tasklist view data is empty   Please help on this problem.

The following are more information:

- We are working currently on S32K148EVB Q176 board.

- One thing specific of our project is only the static allocation is used for tasks/mutex/..., the dynamic allocation is inactive and the heap_1/2/3/4.c is not included in the build.

- No error information in "Console" and "Debugger Console"

- All tasks are listed in the "Debug" view.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

KunliangYAO
Contributor I

Hello @VaneB ,

Thanks for the reply. But the links can not solve my problem.

After some investigation, I have found out the cause:

- the example project freertos_s32k148 use the S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0 FreeRTOS (V10.0.1) which is included in S32DS;

- our project is built outside the S32DS, and use the S32_SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_4.0.3 FreeRTOS (V10.2.1). If we switch to S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0 FreeRTOS (V10.0.1), the FreeRTOS Task Aware Debugger Task List View is working well.

It seems FreeRTOS (V10.2.1) has different task TCB structure, comparing to FreeRTOS (V10.0.1).

We are using S32DS Version: 2.2 Build id: 200116 (with FreeRTOS Task Aware Debugger version 1.0.8 (201810241449)) on Windows PC.

I hope the FreeRTOS Task Aware Debugger can be updated so that it can work well with different version of FreeRTOS.

Please do inform me if such update is done.

Thanks

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your feedback, I am going to share the issue with the corresponding team so they can resolve it.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @KunliangYAO 

In order to discard a debugger or memory problem, take a look of these post about debugger:

Better FreeRTOS Debugging in Eclipse 

Show FreeRTOS Threads in Eclipse Debug View with SEGGER J-Link and NXP S32 Design Studio 

Also regarding the memory, please check if your tasks are not consuming more memory than the MCU has capacity.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

cz_l
Contributor I

I did see the task list in s32ds 2.2, but not in 3.4。How do I view the task list in the new version

0 Kudos