cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS EbTresos example

Punit_01
Contributor II

Hello,

We are trying out working with MCAL for first time for the S32K146 controller with the IAR platform.

To start with, we decided to use the examples given in the MCAL RTD folder for the S32K144 EVB (Mcu example).

I have the following questions:

1. Is there app note on How to modify these examples for the IAR compiler?

2. Are the S32DS project & the EBT projects related?

3. Directly building the S32DS project results in errors since the files generated files are not available. Also, trying to open the Configuration Tool results in error (some version mismatch)

We are trying to take small steps by integrating the modules 1 by 1 for which we need a stable workspace.

Any suggestions on how to go about?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
7 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Punit_01 

1. Is there an app note on How to modify these examples for the IAR compiler?

We do not have any application notes for IAR. Take a look at this community post this could be helpful: How to Solve Compile Error MCAL in the S32K144EVB with EB Tresos.

2. Are the S32DS project & the EBT projects related?

The MCAL projects for S32DS are similar to the EB Tresos projects. If you want to use S32DS the Config Tools are something similar to EB Tresos.

3. Directly building the S32DS project results in errors since the files generated files are not available. Also, trying to open the Configuration Tool results in an error (some version mismatch)

Could you share screenshots of the errors you are having? and additionally, could you tell me the RTD version and the S32DS version you have installed?

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

Punit_01
Contributor II

We did some changes & managed to have a workspace buildable for S32K146 controller by taking the reference of the S32K144 Port example.

We added our own configuration for for Ports & Dio initialization. Also, we changed the controller specific files (linker etc).

Now when we call Port_Init() form main, the code goes into Hardfault after exiting the below function (Exclusive Area 00).

What could be the reason for this?

Punit_01_0-1689937727198.png

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Punit_01 

Could you share the configurations you made? 

0 Kudos

Punit_01
Contributor II

Hi,

I was able to debug the issue. 

The issue was that the Port registers were being read but the gate clock for port was not enabled. This was causing a bus fault.

However, I am confused a little. I have enabled the Port clocks in my Eb tresos Configuration. But after Mcu/Port init the clock is still not enabled to peripheral.

Upon investigating further, i understood that there is a sys_int() function that does the first initialization of the clocks, but it is not called from anywhere. After replacing SystemInit() with sys_init() in the startup file, the issue got resolved.

Is this the right approach?

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Punit_01 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am a little bit confused about the IDE that you are using. The previous image posted looks like S32DS, but now you mentioned EB Tresos. 

Could you help me clarify which IDE you are using? Also, which RTD version do you have?

And I suggest you test the examples included with the RTDs.

0 Kudos

Punit_01
Contributor II

Hello Vane,

I am still using S32DS as IDE. Ebtresos is used for configuration of MCAL/RTD.

RTD version: SW32K1_RTD_4.4_1.0.1_HF01

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Punit_01 

If you are using S32DS I could suggest you use Config Tools integrated into the IDE, which also allows for creating configurations similar to EB Tresos, which could make the development easier.

There are some available guides regarding creating a project using S32DS. Below will be a link redirecting to these HOWTO's.

S32DS - list of HOWTOs

Additionally, there is a video on our site to introduce using our package on EB Tresos and some very first steps to use it. You can take a look at this:

Introduction to NXP AUTOSAR MCAL Software

0 Kudos