cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio 3.5 installation in Linux

dsantxez
Contributor III

Hi there,

I'm trying to install the S32 Design Studio in my linux laptop (Fedora 39).

I'm able to launch the application and starts installing properly, however, when the activation code is introduced, the application does not follow with the installation and it gets stuck in that step.

I have tried console version but the installer says that this option is not available.

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AnChe
Contributor I

@dsantxez I am also facing the same issue when trying to install S32 Design Studio 3.5 in my linux pc, how did you resolve the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

AnChe_0-1709044818141.png

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

the application does not follow with the installation

Could you share more details on it? Some screenshot with errors, description in detail etc...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

dsantxez
Contributor III

dsantxez_0-1700590295530.png

It does not continue after this screen. I have tried introducing a valid activation key and invalid key and I get the same result.

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Ok,  looks to me like your PC is not able to connect to our server for some reason to verify the license.

Do you use any firewalls, etc? Consult this issue with your IT department.

Also try to install it on another PC to see if the issue persist.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

dsantxez
Contributor III

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. This happens at my home laptop but if I try to do it in Windows in the same laptop it works.

Maybe as you said it has to do something with the firewall configuration in Linux. Could you tell me the service IP and port to see if I have that somehow blocked in my Linux installation?

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

dsantxez
Contributor III

The problem is that once I put the activation code, I don't get that next window telling me Online or Offline option. I get the following:

Captura desde 2023-11-22 20-53-03.png

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

is there install log? With default install path the log should be located in ~/NXP/S32DS.3.5.2/_S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform 3.5_installation

0 Kudos

dsantxez
Contributor III

Only jre folder is present in that folder

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

To me its still looks like Firewall blocking access to NXP license server. So you are not even able to connect there and inset key.

@jiri_kral do we have some recommendation for firewall setting / port on linux for our license servers?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

dsantxez
Contributor III

I have tried installing the 3.4 version but it says that there is no JAVA VM installed, but there is installed in the system.

I have tried both 11 and 17 version of JAVA.

dsantxez_0-1700592770971.png

0 Kudos