cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention RAM Data Storing

shivakrishna
Contributor I

Hello NXP

we are using S32k312 Controller in my project. as per my requirement i need to store the reset reason into retention RAM area so, next time we can validate the reset reason.

S32K312 Controller having 96KB SRAM.

for normal resets(SWT reset, Ext-WDT and etc) storing the reset reason into retention RAM area properly and getting the data while in startup time properly.

Before clearing SRAM storing the data into register:

LDR R0, =MPU_RESET_INFO

LDRB R10,[R0]   

After SRAM clear storing back the data into memory Area:

LDR R0, =MPU_RESET_INFO

STRB R10,[R0]

facing issue, while doing Power On Reset(POR), once perform POR, software is not running as expected.

issue observed while storing the data into register variable after that software is not running

LDRB R10,[R0]

if disable this statement Software is running properly. what is causing this issue and how to resolve

can you please support me to resolve this issue while doing POR.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

SRAM is non-volatile memory. Its content cannot be preserved over Power_On_Reset. In this case you have to use some device offering SRAM standby memory (in the meaning allowing to preserve SRAM or its portion powered even in case the MCU is powered down (separate standby voltage power rail).

Possibly EEPROM emulation or external EEPROM device could be used for this purpose.

0 Kudos