NxpOpenBus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NxpOpenBus

john_keates
Contributor I

I have implemented the Unified Bootloader and am using the NXP open bus application, but when I try to update the firmware using the RequestedDownload the response is successful but the nxpopenbus software has not sent the data to the bootloader?

I have uploaded the CAN trace image showing the command response flow and a screen shot of the nxpopenbus software.

Any suggestions?CAN Trace.JPGnxpopenbus.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies

nxf10035
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you answer questions as below:

1. Which platform?

2. Do you modify the link file including bootloader and APP?

If you test over demo, Can you check your json file including flash driver and app path. The information including by 0x34 service. The service also include storage address. If needed, you can upload the json. I will check the file.

Best Regards!

0 Kudos

john_keates
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply

We are using the S32k148 processor and have modified the json file as per the instructions. I have uploaded one of the json files we created.

The message flow seems good up until the point where the nxpopenbus app needs to start sedning the data then it stops

Thanks for your support

0 Kudos

nxf10035
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Check the JSON maybe have some problems as below:

1. The json have not include the access authority(0x27) check. Is modify the bootloader uds_app_cfg.c?

2. The json file have not include download flash driver. Is flash driver integrated in bootloader project?

3. The uds service 0x31 01 02 02 is check binary validty. Default is check flash driver and APP' binary over CRC.

4. The json file have not include UDS services 0x36(transfer data), 0x37(exit transfer data). Default process is 0x34(request transfer data), 0x36(transfer data), 0x37(exti transfer data), 0x31 01 02 02 xx (checksum check). The process pls reference HIS and UDS spec.

Suggestion you reference the default process provided by NXP. The detail UDS service or process pls reference HIS and UDS(ISO14229) spec.

Best Regards!

0 Kudos

john_keates
Contributor I

Sorry - totally miss understood the process flow, I amended the json and it all works as described.

One last question, is it possible to get the source for the NxpOpenBus app? I wanted to add some bespoke elements

Thanks for the support

0 Kudos

nxf10035
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Actually, we proposal customer use the newest the GUI(ECU-BUS). The GUI support CAN-FD and more easy of use. You can get the the user guide, JSON, demo etc. from S32K148_CANFD. NXP update the bootloader stack, due to some issues.

Best Regards!

0 Kudos