cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No slave response for S32K148

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying Lin_Slave_S32K148 example with S32K148-176 board. But slave is not responding. Can any one help me to sort this issue.

Regards,

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos
13 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bhavesh_Raju 

Just to be sure, to run the example you will need to have the following items:

• 2 S32K148 boards (master and slave)
  • 1 Power Adapter 12V
  • 2 Dupont female-to female-cable
  • 1 Personal Computer
  • 1 Jlink Lite Debugger (optional, users can use Open SDA)

Be sure to have this before running the project.

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB 

I have all the mentioned requirements. Master code is flashed and running on S32K148 EVB but slave is not responding for the headers.

Regards,

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bhavesh_Raju 

If you debug the project, do you get stuck, or are all the configurations done correctly?

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB 

All the configurations are done in the same way as the master. The code is flashed successfully in the Board but it's not responding to the master header and not receiving the response sent by the master.

Regards, 

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB ,

Can you please share the steps of the configurations before generating processor generated code. 

Regards,

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bhavesh_Raju 

The guide on how to run the example you can find it located at C:\nxp\S32DS_ARM_v2.2\S32DS\software\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\doc\Start_here.html -> S32K148 -> Examples and Demos -> Demo Applications.

This is just an example but is almost the same for S32DS v3.4 and 3.5.

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB 

I generated the processor code with 176 pins package of S32K148 and selected LIN1 using LPUART0 and used SBC-UJA1131HW5V0. I am using external tool to act as a master but the slave is not responding to the headers and not getting the response send by the Master. PFA of code I am not receiving anything from l_u8_rd_LI0_Motor1Selection()linslave.JPG. Please let me know anything I am missing or any changes required.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bhavesh_Raju 

Please help me clarify the following:

Did the example work with the two EVBs? I would like to confirm that you were able to get the example working without making any modifications to it.

From the information provided, I understand that you are using an external tool as a master. Could you provide more information? 

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB 

First I used LIN_Master_S32k148 example with S32K148-Q176 if I use the example I am not getting any frames from the LIN interface. After making some configuration changes master is sending the frames from the LIN1. The same process I followed for slave with LIN_Slave_S32K148 and I used tool as a master that tool sends the frames using LDF file. The slave is not responding, Please let me know what is the reason I didn't modify the code.

Thanks & Regards

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bhavesh_Raju 

The LIN_slave and LIN_master examples are designed to work together. That is the reason you need two EVBs.

If you want to test the slave example with an external it going to need to make some changes. I do not know what tool you are using so I can not help you in that regard. The implementation in that part is up to you. 

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB ,

Can you please tell what are the changes I need to make in the tool in general.

regards,

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bhavesh_Raju 

Usually, the supplier provides information on how to generate communication.

We just provide the interface.

0 Kudos

Bhavesh_Raju
Contributor III

Hi @VaneB ,

Thanks for your information and time.

Regards,

Bhavesh Raju

0 Kudos