Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33665A Message synchronization using SYNC pin

Jump to solution
MarkFan
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to use MC33665A SYNC schedule feature to SYNC TPL1 (BCC) and TPL2 (BJB) SOC command at the same time to get the cell voltage and current measurement. Any ideas about the whole commands sequences? 

Below are the sequences that I comprehend from datasheet, but not sure is correct or not?
      1. config MC33665A GPIO6 as input in initial step.
      2. before issue SOC command, config MC33665A  SCHED_CMD. EVENT=(01)SYNC, OPERAND=1
      3. issue SOC command TPL1 
      4. issue SOC command TPL2
      5.  Activated SYNC pin to high, and it with trigger MC33665A issue SOC command to TPL1 and TPL2 at the some time.
      6. Read back the responses from TPL1 and TPL2.

Thanks for any advice?

Best regards,

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

You are correct. The SYNC signal scheduling enables MC33665A to synchronize the activities such as voltage, temperature and current measurements across the battery pack working with BCC devices on TPL2 and TPL3 protocol.

I would recommend the procedure below considering that the request queue is empty:

1. Send a TPL message to MC33665A
  2. Send a TPL2 or TPL3 message that needs to be scheduled for sync signal.
  3. Send a trigger signal (TRIG) for SYNC (GPIO6).
  4. Send a TPL message to MC33665A.

For further information, I do recommend downloading the document below from your Secure Files. Note that such document is confidential and provided only with an active NDA number.

diazmarin09_0-1708452576370.png

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

You are correct. The SYNC signal scheduling enables MC33665A to synchronize the activities such as voltage, temperature and current measurements across the battery pack working with BCC devices on TPL2 and TPL3 protocol.

I would recommend the procedure below considering that the request queue is empty:

1. Send a TPL message to MC33665A
  2. Send a TPL2 or TPL3 message that needs to be scheduled for sync signal.
  3. Send a trigger signal (TRIG) for SYNC (GPIO6).
  4. Send a TPL message to MC33665A.

For further information, I do recommend downloading the document below from your Secure Files. Note that such document is confidential and provided only with an active NDA number.

diazmarin09_0-1708452576370.png

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
MarkFan
Contributor III
Hi David,
Much thanks for your help. This MC33665A SPI application note you recommend is really useful.
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Best regards,
Mark
0 Kudos