Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Stack LDF

Jump to solution
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi!

I'm trying to use the S32DS to create a new application project using the Lin Stack. However, I want to use a .ldf that I already have. When I try that, I get the following message:

Capture.PNG

After this, my only option left is to let the S32DS rewrite my .ldf as if it was blank, and try to recreate my ldf through the component inspector, configuring each signal and message.

Basically, as I understand, S32DS is working as follows: .ldf is configured in the component inspector, then it rewrites the .ldf, and then the corresponding code is generated.

Is there a way to make it work such that: existing .ldf is imported, then that .ldf is used to configure the component inpector, and then the corresponding code is generated?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose,

I have received your LDF file.

The LINstack expert checked the ldf file (NXP_LDF_PARSER.LDF) .

There are some errors in ldf, so S32DS cannot parse the content of LDF file.

• There are some redundant fields in ldf. Please remove a line to 266 to 268 in NXP_LDF_PARSER.LDF.

“ response_tolerance = 10 % ;

wakeup_time = 100 ms;

poweron_time = 100 ms;”

• Name of ldf file must be named .ldf (not .LDF)

After you edited the file as above. The ldf file has been successfully parsed(you can see below).

ldf.jpg

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

12 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose,

I would like to know more about how you edit a file.

Can you share some screenshots about what are you doing before this message?

Do you use SDK for editing the file? 

You can look at the lin_master_ S32K1xx example located in the S32DS.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi Diana,

Sure. What I do is: based on the lin_slave_s32k1xx example , I'm creating a new application project on S32DS.  On the components library tab, I add to my project the components which are used in the example and that are not included by default (linStack, lptmr, dma). 

Forum_ProjectComponents.PNG

After this, I use the component inspector to check and try to configure the component LinStack. Although my previously created .ldf file is found by the software (red arrow on the image below), trying to actually change the pre-loaded .ldf file is not possible. Trying to change the .ldf using the section pointed by the blue arrow on the image doesn't show my .ldf, an when I try to manually add the path to my file (changing only the name of the file, from: Sources\example.ldf to: Sources\MyFileName.ldf) I get the message shown in my question. 

Forum_ComponentInspector.PNG

Thank you for your reply

Best regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for your description.

After a discussion with the LIN expert, there could be an issue with SDK version 3.0.0 and older. There is a text_info field that is mandatory in ldf file and now it is optional.

Also, please, refresh the project if you add any files.

Could you, please, check and update the SDK version of the newest version to the newest (V3.0.2)?

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi Diana,

Thank you for following my question!

I'm sorry, but I updated to SDK 3.0.2 and it's still the same for me. It shows the same message before overwriting my existing file with what I manually configure in the S32DS (which at that moment is nothing). 

Do I have to construct my ldf from zero using the S32DS component inspector? I want things to happen the other way around since my file is quite large: S32DS allows me to load my LDF, and then the component inspector gets updated with the contents of my .ldf file.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best regards, 

Jose

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose,

Currently, S32DS (SDK 3.0.2) has provided the feature parser from other LDF file. There is a possibility that the LDF has an error(s) and S32DS was unable to parser it.

1. Maybe the LDF file has been changed by S32DS with old SDK when you have added it before. So, please try with the original file.
  2.  In case, you still see the same result. Could you, please, share the LDF file to check it?

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi Diana. 

Thank you for your comments, I tried reinstalling my S32DS to double-check everything you have told me. So far, I've found the following issue:

I downloaded and installed S32DS R2018 from the site, I then updated it with R11 which should have the SDK up to date (v3.0.2) but when I try to create a project, I get this:

FORUM_SDK.PNG

Is this ok? Should it say it is v3.0.0 instead of v3.0.2?

Best regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose,

The update 11(v 3.0.2) is patch for 3.0.0.

So, if you have installed update 11(v 3.0.2) it should be included in 3.0.0. 

Probably, it is not the root cause of your issue.

Could you share the LDF file to check it?

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi Diana. 

So installing update 11 should be enough for me to have the SDK 3.0.2, right?

I'm sorry, but the LDF I'm trying to upload now contains a lot of confidential information. It is impossible for me to upload it. I've tried with a few generic LDF files but when I press the button signaled with the blue arrow in my first response to you, the result is the same. I don't see the LDF and if I try to manually write the path to it, S32DS doesn't find it and overwrites it as a blank file.

If it's not too much trouble, could you explain what I should be looking for? Like an example of how to parse an existing ldf file.

Thank you for your help

Best regards,

José

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose,

I have received your LDF file.

The LINstack expert checked the ldf file (NXP_LDF_PARSER.LDF) .

There are some errors in ldf, so S32DS cannot parse the content of LDF file.

• There are some redundant fields in ldf. Please remove a line to 266 to 268 in NXP_LDF_PARSER.LDF.

“ response_tolerance = 10 % ;

wakeup_time = 100 ms;

poweron_time = 100 ms;”

• Name of ldf file must be named .ldf (not .LDF)

After you edited the file as above. The ldf file has been successfully parsed(you can see below).

ldf.jpg

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana

dhruvish1
Contributor I

Hi can you provide some document how can I create ldf file for s32k144 lin slave. 

0 Kudos
joseponc
Contributor III

Hi Diana. 

Following your first response, I was now able to see and "load" my .ldf file (which didn't happen before). However, the situation is still the same: even though I now see my .ldf file being "loaded", it is overwritten with the default values from the LinStack component. 

I also tried your other suggestion about changing the contents of the .ldf directly, copying from my .ldf to the example one and hitting the "reload" button. The results were the same as before.

Regarding your second comment, I applied those changes to my file and results are the same.

I don't know if this is something useful: When reviewing my .ldf file, I get a warning which says "Message ID order has to correspond to the DNN definition", is this warning keeping me from loading my .ldf file?

Also, could this warning be happening because I am adding frames in the configurable_frames section of the node_attributes which , unlike the file I sent you (in which frames went from 0x00 to 0x07 in order and didn't have this warning), the frames are not in order? For example: Slave node 1 has frames 0x00, 0x02, 0x08, 0x0C and slave node 2 has frames 0x00 0x02 0x07 0x0D. Does this differ from LIN J2602 specifications?

Edit: I was able to load the file I sent you with your comments. So I guess my problem is the unmodified .ldf file.  

Thanks and regards,

Jose

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jose, 

Yes, installing update 11 should be enough.

I have received some hints from our LIN stack expert, see below:

1. How to parse an existing ldf file.
  • You can try to duplicate the example.ldf file in the project and then rename it (as I did below).
  • Refresh the project.
  • You can see the new file as number 1 on the image below. Click on number 2, you will have a new window as number 3 and then you can select the ldf file you need.pastedImage_7.png
  1. I have another way that you can try to update the content of your ldf file to the existing ldf file.
  • Open the existing ldf file in your project and update this file by your ldf file.
  • Refresh your project.
  • Go to “LIN description file” on S32DS, select your file and click “Reload” to update the new content of file on S32SDK.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diana