J26 hall sensor interface of S32K324 Triple Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Control (PMSM) Refere

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J26 hall sensor interface of S32K324 Triple Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Control (PMSM) Refere

suvasis
Contributor I
0 Kudos
4 Replies

suvasis
Contributor I

hi,

I want to use https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/automotive-development-platforms/s32k-mcu-platforms/s3...  to design a Gimbal motor controller. Unfortunately, this board has only oneJ27 encoder. But two encoders are needed for accurate positioning of two BLDCs, and there is only one J27 on the board. is it possible to use the J26 hall sensor interface to connect an incremental encoder for the second BLDC. The board also lacks GPIO / SPI / I2C for connecting Bosch's IMU. How do I connect a Bosh's IMU required for Gimbal motor controller?

Thanks.

suvasis

0 Kudos

nxf53084
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello Suvasis,

1. Yes, the J26 hall sensor interface can connect an incremental encoder for the second BLDC.

2. The board has some GPIO, like J28 and J30. At the same time, it equipped the CAN and LIN interfaces.

Regards,

Jianqiu

0 Kudos

suvasis
Contributor I

hi

Thanks for your response, however, since a Gimbal requires a IMU. GPIO, like J28 and J30 will not help much as I need some interface more realtime. So, the question is  whether it is possible to connect, say a, Bosch IMU to the J28 J30 connectors. Is there any NXP hardware for IMU? What is its interface going to be? Also, my question is whether the MK pins of the J28 J30 connectors are configured for the Bosch IMU interface/NXP IMU hardware interface. GPIO is unlikely to work - realtime must be used here.

0 Kudos

suvasis
Contributor I

hi,

Can anyone comment on this:

"Thanks for your response, however, since a Gimbal requires a IMU. GPIO, like J28 and J30 will not help much as I need some interface more realtime. So, the question is  whether it is possible to connect, say a, Bosch IMU to the J28 J30 connectors. Is there any NXP hardware for IMU? What is its interface going to be? Also, my question is whether the MK pins of the J28 J30 connectors are configured for the Bosch IMU interface/NXP IMU hardware interface. GPIO is unlikely to work - realtime must be used here."

0 Kudos