Issus with gettingh output from emios onto pin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issus with gettingh output from emios onto pin

RChatterjee
Contributor III

This is a follow up of the previous inquiry: Routing signals to emios from trgmux using s32 Design Studio , where @Robin_Shen helped to transfer the signal from one emios channel to another, which i can see is working by checking the signal measurement funcion.

Now, I want to get an output of this signal at a pin too, which for some reason works fine when I use any channel other than the rerouted one (emios 7). I am not sure if i am missing something here. I tried to use the outputbuffer to configure it manually.

PFA the project file.

Regards,

Rounak Chatterjee

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Previous inquiry: Routing signals to emios from trgmux achieved transfer the signal from one emios channel to another.

I don't understand what you want to achieve this time. Do you want to output the TRGMUX_IP_INPUT_LCU0_LC0_OUT_I1 signal to the PTE7 pin?
The PTE7 pin does not have the CLKSIUL2_TRGMUX_OUT0-15 (IO MUX) function, so it may be output to FlexIO, which is the fxio_d11 output of the PTE7 pin.

Diagram for Signal routing attempted - Copy.png

If I understand it wrong, please draw a picture and tell me the signal direction.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

RChatterjee
Contributor III

Ok, so it is the very last part of the same image (marked in blue now).

RChatterjee_0-1713269217717.png

I can see that emios 0 channel 7 has the rerouted signal using emios_Icu and signal measurement functions. This part works great.

But when I try to take an output out of the redirected signal into my board now, I don't get any output at PTE7 (configured in PINS tool to emios_0_ch_7). I can do the same with ease with the other emios channels, and i removed the EMIOS_ICU now to make sure that wasnt the problem. I don't understand if I am wrong here cause as per the image i am assuming the SIUL2 config should do the rest.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The blue arrow implements the same function as the last project.
Please tell me which eMIOS channels in the attachment project implement functions that cannot be achieved by PTE7? Have you compared the software configuration?
Have you checked that the signal(PTE7) on the development board is correctly connected to a header or matrix?

0 Kudos

RChatterjee
Contributor III

Yes, and I have since found out that I hadn't checked for pin output on board at the time. It was an oversight before i accepted the solution. I had focused too much on just connecting to the EMIOS channels, which was the primary issue at the time.

PTE7 is connected to emios_0_ch_7.

Yes, PTE7 is connected properly, I have compared it on the eval board. Other channels, such as LCU and emios_0__ch_14 , I can get signals and view from the gpio matrix.

[emios_0_ch_7 is connected to lcu through trgmux. The signal is going inside this channel, which I can verify using emios_ICU and get signal measurement. Including or removing ICU is not changing anything vis-a-vis PTE7 output]

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, I still don't understand your purpose.
Of course, you can output eMIOS0_CH14 to external pins, as it is configured in Emios_Pwm to output PWM signals.
But eMIOS0_CH7 has been configured in IPWM mode by you in Emios_Icu to achieve input capture function.
The input signal of eMIOS0_CH7 was selected by Input SSS=0000_0100 as TRGMUX_INT_OUT38. At this point, the input signal of eMIOS0_CH7 has no relationship with other pins (PTE7 \ PTE9 \ PTB1).

S32K358_Input Muxing eMIOS_0_CH[7]_G SIUL_IMCR567 TRGMUX_INT_OUT38.png

In fact, this signal itself arrived at the input of eMIOS0_CH7 from eMIOS0_CH14 through TRGMUX and LCU. Why don't you directly measure the output pin of eMIOS0_CH14?

Sorry for the incorrect information in my first reply. The FlexIO in the diagram can only be TRGMUX_IP_OUTPUT_FLEXIO_EXT_IN_TRG0-4, and cannot be fxiod11. If you really need to output TRGMUX_IP_INPUT_LCU0_LC0_OUT_I1 to a pin, perhaps you accept the option TRGMUX_OUT0-15

Figure 234. PCMC connections diagram - Copy.png

In Pins Tool, you will see that trgmux_out0-15 is located on these pins.

trgmux_out Pins Tool.png

0 Kudos