cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while configuring DMA transfer for ADC for NXP s32k358 using EBT

Gunasekar
Contributor I

Hi Community,

We are facing challenges while configuring DMA for ADC in our project. We are using EBT for our project and the ADC conversions is triggered is using BCTU (hw trigger).  So, presently we are trying to copy ADC data from BCTU FIFO1 reg to user buffer. We have also configured DMAMUX through Rm module for DMA to work (Is DMAMUX necessary? as without DMAMUX data transfer was not happening previously, that is why we tried configuring DMAMUX).

1. But we are running into some BusFault exception now. As this are all generated code, we believe the issue is with our configuration. When we were debugging, we saw DMAMUX registers were not initialized. We think the BusFault exception occurred because these registers were not initialized, and code was trying to write into these uninitialized registers. 

2.Another thing we want to clarify is whether any clock needed to be configured for DMA or DMAMUX to work as we are not seeing any option to do so any in EBT. 

Gunasekar_0-1708322128295.png

Gunasekar_1-1708322268624.png

Gunasekar_3-1708322383507.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Gunasekar
Contributor I

Hi @NamLee 

I have a query. When we are running our project , its running into an BusFault after sometime. Can u do any help on it?

Our test project is simple.

We have a PWM signal(OPWMT - 9ms), it will trigger bctu module to initiate a CL conversion. The ADC will start the conversions and store the results into bctu FIFO. Using the watermark level of bctu FIFO, DMA request will be sent to the DMA channel configured requesting it to transfer the data from bctu fifo into a user buffer. We have developed the project completely using EBT. 

The error we are seeing is this:- 

Gunasekar_0-1710412307766.png

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gunasekar,

Please help me to share:

- Version of RTD package

- Configuration .xdm and main files (if you can share project then it'll better)

- Please also share information of PCB/silicon version and debugger that you're using.

Without details i can't do any debug sessions.

Thank you,

Nam.

0 Kudos

NamLee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gunasekar,

Is DMAMUX necessary?

>> No, if you want to use a trigger to change the resource input for DMA channel, then you use DMAMUX for switching. ADC can be configured with DMA transfer, which not necessary to configure DMAMUX if you don't want to change DMA resource during runtime.

1>> Please share your project. or share the configuration files, the version of driver that you're using too.

I need to check your configuration directly.

2>> DMA already had clock source for it, as hardware design. So as far as Mcu configuration already have the clock sources, the clock source will be applied to the DMA, so it's not be configured in any components.

NamLe_1-1708947291135.png

Please share your project/configuration and driver version.

Thank you,

Nam.