Is this possible with UJA1169TK to enable the CAN transmitter(TXD) and disable the receiver(RXD)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible with UJA1169TK to enable the CAN transmitter(TXD) and disable the receiver(RXD)

Jump to solution
liuxing_hu
Contributor III

we have a product with UJA1169TK which only support CAN HS, not support CAN FD, this product will send message to product B which support CAN FD, our product will report error frame in can network, because it doesn't support CAN FD, is there any method to stop reporting error frame for our product?

I have a propose, let out product enable the CAN transmitter(TXD) and disable the receiver(RXD), I am not sure it's applicable, it's opposite with CAN Listen-only mode which disable the CAN transmitter(TXD) and enable the receiver(RXD)

so I need your help, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CAN FD node should be able to receive CAN 2.0 message, so your CAN2.0 node should nto get error for this. But correct for receiving CAN FD message, for this CAN2.0 node send error frame.

The scenario you outlined is not possible. For transmitting message FlexCAN have to read it back so CAN receiver have to be active too. 

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

CAN FD node should be able to receive CAN 2.0 message, so your CAN2.0 node should nto get error for this. But correct for receiving CAN FD message, for this CAN2.0 node send error frame.

The scenario you outlined is not possible. For transmitting message FlexCAN have to read it back so CAN receiver have to be active too. 

BR, Petr

0 Kudos