cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include FlexRAM into the flash image

junxi_cai
Contributor II

Hello guys,

I am trying to work on the EEE for S32K116 chip for the quick write access.

I have seen a picture like below for the generated flash image.

junxi_cai_0-1673387317340.jpeg

Could someone please tell me how to include the FlexRAM section into the flash image?

I tried to add .flexram into the settings below, but I still don't see that happen.

junxi_cai_1-1673387811316.png

If someone knows how to do it, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

If FlexRAM is used as access point for EEPROM emulation, from to project point of view it acts as RAM, so it is accesses as RAM (as so it cannot be included in the flash image).

If FlexRAM is used as SRAM, it is just SRAM and so it is the same case.

0 Kudos

junxi_cai
Contributor II

Hello David,

Thank you for your response. 

I am using the FlexRAM as emulated EEPROM, I am also use S32DS for ARM for development. 

What I want to achieve is to be able to view EEPROM values in the flash image after build.

For example, in the linker file, the section for FlexRAM has been specified as below:

junxi_cai_0-1673444871583.png

But the flash image after build, as below doesn't have the FlexRAM section.

junxi_cai_1-1673444964781.png

Could you please tell me is that something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Linker file seems to be more or less correct (address range is 0x14000000 - 0x140007FF).

But I don't understand why you expect it'll be visible in flash image when it is de facto RAM memory. SRAM data you don't see there as well.

0 Kudos

junxi_cai
Contributor II

Hello David,

Thank you for the response. 

I just wondering if it will be possible to include FlexRAM information into the flash image, since I have seen that picture got  FlexRAM section into the flash image. I never see this before, that's why I am curious how this get done. 

Another question to ask, if I am not able to view the FlexRAM information in the memory window at runtime with debugger, but I am pretty sure the EEEPROM working fine. Do you have any suggestion on this?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Just open memory dump window at FlexRam address range. In the screenshots above you are showing flash image (S-record) what's something completely different (it is image to be downloaded to internal code FLASH memory).

0 Kudos