Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash NXP S32k322 board

Jump to solution
pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a custom-built S32K322 target board along with a PE Micro Multilink probe. Please guide me on how to flash the board using S32 DS.

I'm also trying to debug using the probes, but I'm getting the error as seen in the image attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pratik_a,

Unfortunately, this version of S32DS does not support the flash tool, only debugging. You could disable the temporary breakpoint at main so the code runs after debugging:

Julin_AragnM_0-1712783339633.png

There is also the PEmicro's PROG Flash Programming software, directly from PEmicro's page. 

Best regards,
Julián

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi @Julián_AragónM 

Just an update.

For anybody facing a similar issue, I followed the steps mentioned in the following post and it worked. 

Dual cores debugging with PEMicro's MULTILINK by S32DS for S32K324 - NXP Community

Also, is there an alternative to directly flashing the code through S32DS using PE Micro?

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pratik_a,

Unfortunately, this version of S32DS does not support the flash tool, only debugging. You could disable the temporary breakpoint at main so the code runs after debugging:

Julin_AragnM_0-1712783339633.png

There is also the PEmicro's PROG Flash Programming software, directly from PEmicro's page. 

Best regards,
Julián

pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi,

I still haven't found a way to flash the controller.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Pratik

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pratik_a,

Has this MCU worked prior to trying to flash with PE Micro?

Could you share which connection are you using? Please update the PE Micro plugins for S32DS as well and following this general guide for debugging: HOWTO: Build a Project and Setup a Debug Configuration for debugging in S32 Design Studio - NXP Comm... 

There is also this document for USB Multilink and NXP devices: Technical Summary for USB Multilink Universal

Best regards,
Julián

0 Kudos
pratik_a
Contributor III

Hi @Julián_AragónM ,

Yes, it worked earlier but I had flashed it with Segger's J-Link Edu mini. But somehow it stopped working. I'm unsure of the reason as of yet. I'm using J-tag to flash and debug, Port G of the PE Micro multi-link device.

I'm also not sure how to directly flash code using PE Micro through S32 DS. I tried to debug using the steps mentioned in the link, but I got the error as seen in the attached image above.

0 Kudos