cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSE compilation failed

LinhTrinh
Contributor I

Hello Everybody

I checked out the HSE demo app from the NXP website and tried to compile it with S32DS3.5 studio. However, I got the following compilation error. It seems to me that S32DS is using the default compiler, But I need it to use ARM.V2019.1.4. 

Does anybody know how to set compiler for S32DS?

Here is the error log:

make -j4 all
Building file: C:/NXP/HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_12_0/demo_security_installer/src/demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.c
Invoking: Standard S32DS C Compiler
arm-none-eabighs "@demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.args" -MMD -MP -MF"demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.d" -MT"demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.o" -o "demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.o" "C:/NXP/HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_12_0/demo_security_installer/src/demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.c"
Building file: C:/NXP/HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_12_0/demo_security_installer/src/demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Startup.s
Invoking: Standard S32DS Assembler
/bin/sh: arm-none-eabighs: command not found
Building file: C:/NXP/HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_12_0/demo_security_installer/src/demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Vector_core.s
make: *** [demo_app/target/m7/src/subdir.mk:20: demo_app/target/m7/src/sys_init.o] Error 127
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
arm-none-eabighs "@demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Startup.args" -o "demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Startup.o" "C:/NXP/HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_12_0/demo_security_installer/src/demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Startup.s"
Invoking: Standard S32DS Assembler
arm-none-eabighs "@demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Vector_core.args" -o "demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Vector_core.o" "C:/NXP/HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_12_0/demo_security_installer/src/demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Vector_core.s"
make: *** [demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/subdir.mk:19: demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Startup.o] Error 127
make: *** [demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/subdir.mk:26: demo_app/target/m7/S32DS/Startup_Code/Vector_core.o] Error 127
"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not sure what is ARM.V2019.1.4. compiler,  unfortunately S32DS supports only gcc, ghs and IAR compiler for S32K3xx. 

The error is caused by modifying the compiler executable name - which is by default gcc (with arm-none-eabi- prefix) - but the gcc was changed to ghs for some reason. 

0 Kudos