HSE Firmware Install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSE Firmware Install

BigSun
Contributor II

Hi, I want to try to use HSE. I download HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_6_0 HSE_FW_S32K3XX_0_2_6_0, HSE_FW_S32K312_0_2_40_0.

ENV: S32DS IDE 3.5, RTD 4.0.0, HSE_DEMOAPP_S32K3XX_0_2_6_0 HSE_FW_S32K3XX_0_2_6_0, HSE_FW_S32K312_0_2_40_0.

I have some problem:

from readme.pdf It says only trace32 is supported, how to use JLINK SWD to install HSE FW? at NXP website, I do not find  AN744810 “HSE FW install for S32K3xx” at secure files section.

how to write HSE feature flag to UTEST at 0x1B000000?

what is the usage of Demoapp? it is just for install HSE FW?

If I want to use EB29 + IDE3.5+ RTD4.0 for application project how to use HSE module? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigSun 

The available HSE examples are provided with the HSE Demo App for Lauterbach TRACE32 and S32K3 MCUs for General Purpose HSE Demo Examples for PEMicro. These packages offer different use-case scenarios and examples to showcase the capabilities of the HSE FW in various devices.

The application note: HSE FW install for S32K3xx can be downloaded from S32K3 Microcontrollers for Automotive General Purpose and found in Documentation > Secure Files (under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)). Also, you can find an S32K3xx HSE with RTD Training. 

Additionally, refer to the available S32K3_M27x CRYPTO_43_HSE Driver examples provided with the RTDs, and the USER Manual and Integration manual that can be found in the file installed by the RTD.exe, for example, C:\NXP\SW32K3_S32M27x_RTD_R21-11_4.0.0_P12\eclipse\plugins\Crypto_43_HSE_TS_T40D34M40I0R0\doc.

B.R.

VaneB

BigSun
Contributor II

Hi, the S32K3_HSE_DemoExamples_1_0_0 mentioned above only support S32K344, but now I use S32K312 and need to debug with JLINK SWD. for the HSE FW install, I do not know how to write HSE feature flag with JLINK now. for HSE install manual is secure file , now I have no access permission. I have to ask questions in this community.

0 Kudos

VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @BigSun 

The HSE FW installation steps are the same for all S32K3 variants. So the code for S32K344 can be ported to S32K312. 

Regarding the UTEST sector, this is an OTP (One Time Programmable). This causes the erase operations not to be allowed. You can only append new data or configuration and read data. The process to write data in the UTEST Sector is the same process used to program data in other blocks. The unlocking process is also the same but with the difference that the UTEST sector has its own register PFCBLKU_SPELOCK[SLCK] to lock or unlock the sector from program operations.

Unfortunately, as all the documentation of the HSE is under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) the information is not public and we can not share it. 

If you have never accessed the secure files follow the guide below.

NXP SECURE ACCESS RIGHTS FIRST-TIME USER REGISTRATION GUIDE

0 Kudos