Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complimentary PWM outputs - LCU configuration

Jump to solution
kyf
Contributor V

Hello there!

I'm working with "S32K3X4EVB-Q172" dev board. I have installed in my workstation the S32 DS for S32 Platform and RealTimeDrivers for S32K3.

I've studied many sections in S32K3xx ref manual. I'm trying to replicate the setup bellow:

kyf_0-1659448961003.png

- Is the above setup possible ? Is it possible 1 timer(eMIOS) input to drive two pwm outputs(LCU outputs)?

The "Lcu_Ip_LcuControlMotor_S32K344" example use 6 inputs in order to drive the 6 outputs and it does not help.

- Is there any other example that shows how to configure the above LCU setup ? (3 timer input and 6 pwm outputs with dead-time insertion)

Also I'm trying to match the terminology used in "Config Tools" at S32 DesignStudio for S32 Platform with the terminology used in the reference manual and the respective chapters (LCU, TRGMUX, etc). There are configurations that I can't understand what they do. 

- Is there any documentation regarding the config tool except the pop-up windows?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kostas,

see please attached presentation which explains how to get two complementary PWM signals from one eMIOS signal. Hope it will help.

Regards

Lukas

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kyf
Contributor V

@lukaszadrapaI would like to get access in those files. Is it possible ?

I'm developing automotive firmware for S32K344 MCU and it is very hard to develop anything when documentation is missing. Please if it is possible let me know about:

How am I supposed to get access to such documentation ?

Are those documentation accessible via SafeAssure community ? (We (the company that I work for) have an NDA with nxp)

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi kyf,

I have some update. There's a plan to create a set of trainings similar to presentation I sent you earlier. Some small part is already done but there's still a lot of work. Release date is not known yet, it depends on other priorities. The plan is to share it here:

https://www.nxp.com/design/training/s32k3-automotive-microcontrollers-training-academy:TS-S32K3-AUTO...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
kyf
Contributor V

Thank you for all of your replies @lukaszadrapa .

I believe that the one thing that should be in an example is a simple setup of the PCMC for 1 or more complimentary PWM signals for 3phase control.

Most people do select S32K3 mcus for motor control and for automotive functional safety compliance. So at least an example of how to setup those stuff since the documentation is missing would be great help for all of us new with S32K3 family MCUs developers.

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm discussing this with owners, I will let you know later.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
kyf
Contributor V

Thank you for your reply Lukas. I'll study the ppt file and I'll be back !

Can you please let me know where did you find this file ? Where are files like this located ?

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That's not available on public site, it was used on some internal training.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kostas,

see please attached presentation which explains how to get two complementary PWM signals from one eMIOS signal. Hope it will help.

Regards

Lukas

kyf
Contributor V

Hello @lukaszadrapa .

Can you please let me know where did you find and downloaded this file ?

Are there any other files like that ? And if there is where are they located ?

Kind regards,

kyf

0 Kudos