Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can_example_S32K344 is not working well on S32K344 EVB 257

Jump to solution
bruce_hu
Contributor I

hi:

i want to use MCAL can example s32k344 , and i change the mode to normal,but can not send or recv any message to / from the board ; but the flexcan_example_s32k344 on normal mode  is working well after i add My_Tja1153_init interface .

can you  send me another one example code with normal mode.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI@bruce_hu

Not like that. The transceiver driver of TJA1153 is not integrated into the MCAL configuration tool(EB), and MCAL does not have a routine for configuring TJA1153. If users want to implement CAN communication based on TJA1153 in MCAL, they can only do it themselves.

BR!

Jim,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@bruce_hu

Sorry,we don't have such example code for you.you need to modify it yourself

Please refer to this question, this answer may help you.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K344-CAN-demo-could-not-send-message-succeed/td-p/1378652 

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos
bruce_hu
Contributor I

then , do i need to  initialize TJA1153  for the Can example with MCAL? I use FlexCAN_Ip_SendBlocking to initialize the TJA1153, but the code is blocked , can you give me some idea?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@bruce_hu

yes,you have to initialize TJA1153 before use(except loopback mode).

According to some internal forum answers,MCAL's support for the transceiver(TJA1153 or others physical layer),it is still in the planning phase,so you can only use the loopback mode at this present.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos
bruce_hu
Contributor I

does this mean that we can not use MCAL for can, and  can only use flexcan to realize the can communication?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI@bruce_hu

Not like that. The transceiver driver of TJA1153 is not integrated into the MCAL configuration tool(EB), and MCAL does not have a routine for configuring TJA1153. If users want to implement CAN communication based on TJA1153 in MCAL, they can only do it themselves.

BR!

Jim,

0 Kudos