cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMS Error in MC33771C/MC33772C (Battery Cell Controller) Evaluation GUI

Jump to solution
davorin_mista
Contributor I

I'm trying to run the  MC33771C/MC33772C (Battery Cell Controller) Evaluation GUI with my S32K144EVB-Q100 and FRDM33771CSPEVB (Freedom Board) connected to BATT-14EMULATOR (with 12V 1.5A power supply) - all components are brand new

I start the GUI v5.15, load the SREC from the PackController menu, when I connect it says Connected in green and FW 5.15 in the tooltip.

However, the BMS says Error in red, and occasionally blinks orange saying "Initialization"

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zyuan17
Contributor III
If it works, the light should be green and it should blink. My step is power on the emulator, connect it to the board. And download the SREC to the board. And from pack controller select port and click connect. And if you want to measure current, click IMeasEn register button in the register table.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
davorin_mista
Contributor I

Okay, so I figured it out - I had to press down hard to get the proper connection between the BMS board and the S32K EVB. Problem solved, thank you

0 Kudos
Zyuan17
Contributor III
If it works, the light should be green and it should blink. My step is power on the emulator, connect it to the board. And download the SREC to the board. And from pack controller select port and click connect. And if you want to measure current, click IMeasEn register button in the register table.
0 Kudos
davorin_mista
Contributor I

Right, I understand that this is how it should behave, those are my exact steps - but for me it doesn't behave like that - so how can I troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
Zyuan17
Contributor III
I think you can also try to run the FreeMaster demo in the EMBEDDED-SW-BCC-MC33771C. It has almost the same function. You can check if it works
0 Kudos
davorin_mista
Contributor I

I tried FreeMaster 3.2 now too - but the connection wizard doesn't recognize the board (115k, same USB port as used with the Evaluation GUI) - I even rebooted Windows to make sure the Evaluation GUI wasn't hijacking the COM port.

Instead it says "No board detected on any of the specified UART ports"

Also, should I even bother with FreeMaster if I don't have Matlab?

0 Kudos
Zyuan17
Contributor III
Have you installed S32KDS for Arm 2018.R1? You need to download the example to the board. And to build the GUI through FreeMASTER you need to use JS.
0 Kudos
davorin_mista
Contributor I
Hi, thank you so much for your prompt responses!

I had S32 Design Studio for ARM installed - v1.3 Build id: 170119 - I now uninstalled that and installed 2018.R1 - do I need any of the other downloads/updates related to 2018.R1 that are availabl for download? Also, may I ask what the difference is to the v1.3 I had?

sorry to bombard you with all these questions:
where can I find the "example to the board"?
and where can I download JS?
is this documented anywhere?

I've bought all these boards but I really don't know how to get started and ultimately I am looking for the source code used in the SREC file of the Battery Cell Evaluation GUI
0 Kudos