Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About bootloader for S32K144

Jump to solution
bryan_hong
Contributor V

Hi 

I have read `https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/s32k144-bootloader/m-p/710419#M1501` - this is for MPC5748G

1. Is it supported bootlader on s32k144 ?

As I understand, yes, s32k144 support bootloader.

2. how to replace bootloader on s32k144

3. Is it possible bootloader update thur I2C ?

please share the any documents for bootloader about s32k144,  and s32k144 bootloader demo example.

thanks

Bryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
9 Replies
bryan_hong
Contributor V

@danielmartynek thanks for your update!!!

We do not have such bootloader for I2C but you can develop your own.

--> Can I ask a question if there is an issue for this(bootloader for I2C) ?
--> Are there any related URL or documents or example source code that I can refer to ?

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bryan_hong,

There is no problem in using the LPI2C for a bootloader, but we don't have any for the S32K1xx series.

There is one for the Kinetis L Series:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4655.pdf

You can refer to the source I linked in this thread and replace, for example, UART with I2C.

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
bryan_hong
Contributor V

I have a question.

I have completed `build all` on S32 design studio for ARM. and I want to flash `S32K144_LIN_bootloader.elf`

so I want `S32K144_LIN_bootloader` to run when the S32K144EVB board powers on.

thanks

Bryan

0 Kudos
bryan_hong
Contributor V

@danielmartynek  @ramprakash08 thanks for your answer, it so delay for long time because I had a headache.

0 Kudos
ramprakash08
Contributor IV

Hi Bryan, Yes, you are correct. The S32K144 does support a bootloader. The bootloader is a small program that gets executed whenever the device is powered up or reset. It is responsible for loading the main application software into memory and then transferring control to it.

To replace the bootloader on the S32K144, you would typically use a JTAG or SWD programmer/debugger. The exact steps can vary depending on the specific programmer/debugger you are using. However, the general process is to first erase the existing bootloader from the device's memory, then program the new bootloader into the appropriate memory location.

As for updating the bootloader through I2C, it is technically possible, but it would require a custom bootloader that supports I2C communication. The standard bootloader provided by NXP for the S32K144 does not support this feature. If you need to update the bootloader over I2C, you would need to develop a custom bootloader that includes this functionality.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
bryan_hong
Contributor V

Hi @ramprakash08 

If you need to update the bootloader over I2C, you would need to develop a custom bootloader that includes this functionality.

--> try to check again officially !!!, Can this be developed on SK32K144 ?

0 Kudos
danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The post above from the gmail account ramprakash08 looks like text generated by AI.

Please follow my previous post. We do not have such bootloader for I2C but you can develop your own.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
bryan_hong
Contributor V

hi @danielmartynek 

thanks for your updates

0 Kudos