cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASIL-D Query Regarding S32K344EHT1MMMST

devchandil
Contributor II

Hello Team,

Following are the queries regarding the Safety Standard ASIL-D on S32K344EHT1MMMST micro-controller:

1. Is the micro-controller standalone enough for peripheral redundancy, i.e in case of any peripheral failure, like sci. Will the micro-controller switch to a new sci port?
  2. Does the micro-controller ASIL-D compatible
  3. If it is ASIL-D compatible, would it be achieved by the software of the micro-controller itself?
  4. Is it a ASIL-D device compliant and ASIL-D systematic compliant micro-controller?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Is the micro-controller standalone enough for peripheral redundancy, i.e in case of any peripheral failure, like sci. Will the micro-controller switch to a new sci port?

No. This is the task for your SW. Micro will detect the failure.

Does the micro-controller ASIL-D compatible

petervlna_0-1686204773995.png

Not sure what you mean by compatible. But it is supporting many tests in HW. I'd say it is ASIL-D ready.

If it is ASIL-D compatible, would it be achieved by the software of the micro-controller itself?

Combination of SW and HW. For example lock-step is HW feature.

Is it a ASIL-D device compliant and ASIL-D systematic compliant micro-controller?

Not sure what you mean here. But customers use this device in ASIL-D class applications. We provide the SW like SAF (safety applciation framework) to help customers achive ASIL-D.

More details and safety documents you will find here:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/SafeAssure-Community-Knowledge/REQUESTING-ACCESS-for-Safety-material-at...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

devchandil
Contributor II

Hi, Apologies for late reply

I have further 2 more query. If I do not have any safe state in my ASIL-D product. And I want to continue my operation no matter what.

1. Is the continuous operation with any interruption or restart possible?

2. What topology should I consider. Should I use lockstep core, reciprocal comparison, or MooN architecture? 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. Is the continuous operation with any interruption or restart possible?

Yes, but this depends on the requirements of target safety standard. In ideal case you can run the SW forever. Safety standards usually require full system restart after some period of time.

2. What topology should I consider. Should I use lockstep core, reciprocal comparison, or MooN architecture?

Well, this is fully in your hands. Using lock step is preferred as it is HW implementation and it is already present on micro.

I suggest you to discuss it with your safety expert, or with your ISO certification company.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos