What is the best way to run sample comms demo between a53core and m7core on s32g3 brd ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to run sample comms demo between a53core and m7core on s32g3 brd ?

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

I need to run sample project for acore and mcore communicate with each other by can.  what is the best way ?  e.g. by ipcf framework ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

Thank you for suggesting me, it seems that llce sample depends on autosar jobs firstly, is it easy to enable that way ?

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you help us elaborate more on regards of "it seems that llce sample depends on autosar jobs firstly"?

LLCE examples are able to run "out-of-the-box" from S32DS. Depending on the LLCE version, there is a bug where the folder of LLCE is linked incorrectly, you need to modify it to link to the correct folder on your system, then it should run no problem.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For communicating 2 or more cores inside S32G platform provides the IPCF drivers.

If you are trying to communicate 2 cores by externally using a CANBus connection, you need to provide to each core the needed transceiver, you cannot connect CAN0TX to CAN1RX directly. But again, IPCF is the recommended way to communicate 2 cores.

Please, let us know. 

0 Kudos

fengxianeric
Contributor IV
Thanks.
IPCF method is the internal core communicating mechanism, and if I want to add m7 core to external flexcan support, could you please suggest also sample project code for me ? and better included the core transceiver suppport.
thanks again.
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since the recommendation is to use the IPCF for core-to-core communication, there is no example for your current application. We do apologize.

There are some sample projects that use CAN, but they are configured with an internal loopback. You will need to modify the project if you would like for CAN messages to be routed to the transceiver.

The only projects that have CAN messages routed to the transceiver are the ones provided under the LLCE package.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos