Stuck in DevAssert when running PFE_MAC2 ethernet interface with LWIP and FreeRTOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in DevAssert when running PFE_MAC2 ethernet interface with LWIP and FreeRTOS

RubyHsu
Contributor II

I am developing the PFE interface on the develop board(S32G-VNP-RDB2).

I followed the steps of document "GUIDE TO ENABLE PFE WITH LWIP BASED ON RTD" and 

1. Use MCAL PFE Driver(PFE-DRV_S32G_M7_MCAL_1.0.0_QLP2) + RTD(RTD_4.4_4.0.0_D2210) and EB tresos 29.0.0, then generate project.

2. Copy paste generated Eth_43_PFE related files and Eth_43_PFE_TS_T40D11M10I0R0 to PFE folder

3. Create S32 DS Project based on LWIP example(TCPIP_RTM_1_0_3_HF1_D2301)

4. Route pins for PFE EMAC2

5. Configure Clock for PFE MAC2

6. Add POWER module and setup MCU partition component.

7.Add tcpip module and configure the pbuf pool and Receive window 

8. Add PFE folder to project and add related include folders to project's include paths setting

9.Change the defined value of HIF_CFG_DETACH_RX_JOB to TRUE

10.Replace gmacif.h with pfe-if.h

Now I can successfully compiler, but after running this project in RDB2, it will stuck in DevAssert()

s32g.JPG

Is anything I'm missing to modify?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Since the guide you are following is using old RTD versions, the steps might vary to the newer ones. There is a document that explains how to create a "PFE Master Demo for M7" (link: S32G PFE Master Demo building on M7 - NXP Community) all within EB Tresos. It uses a more recent version of the RTD. In there, the following integration requirement is mentioned:

DanielAguirre_0-1684960410624.png

Could be one possibility.

Also, the out-of-the-box LWiP example needs the HSE FW to be already installed, do you have it installed?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

RubyHsu
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried to add Eth_43_PFE_PreInit(NULL_PTR) in the beginning of device_init(), but it still stuck in DevAssert.

About the LWIP example, I use TCPIP_RTM_1_0_3_HF1_D2301 to generate the LWIP code.

Is this still need HSE FW install?

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are correct, we were mistaking the TCPIP version, the 1.0.3 does not require HSE FW to be installed.

We verified and the example runs with no modification. Prior to any modification, do you have any trouble with the LWiP example?

As for the specific DevAssert behavior, can you tell when it is happening? In which function access.

Since we might need to ask for your project, we might recommend opening a ticker under the NXP online services, for us to provide you with a private channel.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

RubyHsu
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using LWIP example to add PFE feature. This DevAssert happend in Eth_43_PFE_Init().

Please opening a ticker under the NXP online services for me, thanks.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that you will open a ticket under the NXP online services, for which we will be waiting for it.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

RubyHsu
Contributor II

Hi,

I already create a case, case number is "00540772".

It also including the source code of whole project. 

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We will continue supporting this request through the case you have provided.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos