S32G274A - The backup app boot code image location is incorrect by using command

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G274A - The backup app boot code image location is incorrect by using command

Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

I found that the backup app boot code image location is incorrect by using command line as following.

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\eclipsec.exe -noSplash \
-application com.nxp.swtools.framework.application \
--launcher.ini C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\eclipse\s32ds.ini \
-HeadlessTool IVT \
-Load D:\S32DS_Workspace\workspaceS32DS.3.4\Siul2_Port_ToggleLed_S32G274A_M7\Siul2_Port_ToggleLed.mex \
-ExportBlob D:\S32DS_Workspace\workspaceS32DS.3.4\Siul2_Port_ToggleLed_S32G274A_M7 \

I configure two app boot codes in Siul2_Port_ToggleLed_S32G274A_M7.mex file, the app bootloader start is 0x1000 and the backup one is 0x65000.
After the blob generating, I check the content below.
Left side generated from command, the right side generated from S32DS config tool.

The location 0x1000 is the same.
Shenghao_2-1685497662814.png

But the backup app bootloader code location in 0x65000 is incorrect on left side
Shenghao_3-1685497677878.png

Could you help to advise why the result is not the same between command line and config tool?

I attached my output file for your reference.

blobImage.bin: command line execution's output

test_ivt_Blob.bin: Config tool’s output

Siul2_Port_ToggleLed.mex

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Did you try to modify the size of the two "Application bootloader"?

I tried to modify it bigger (334936 -> 409600) and make sure it is not overlap, then I can also observe this symptom.

Shenghao_0-1686021733221.png

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Modifying the "Size in bytes" of both Application Bootloaders does provide the same result as the one you said first. We see that the one created with the GUI used the new size it is provided with (manually modified), while the one being output from the CMD method maintains the original size (non-modified).

When doing the command method, it will not care about the size option, just the "RAM start pointer" and "RAM entry pointer". From there, it will take the original value of the size, not the one being modified.

Since modifying the size option is not available under the CMD method, the CMD method will use only the minimum required space, not more. If you believe that the CMD method could provide an overlap of both images (which we have confirmed it will not, it will just provide the overlapping error), we can recommend adding the "-AutoAlign" option, which will move every segment of the IVT to the minimum required space.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Shenghao
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your help!

I'll deliver this information to our customer.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We have created a blob image on both Config Tools and Command Line and both provide the same output.

DanielAguirre_0-1685565963851.png

We tried to force an overlap to verify if the difference was with that, but it provided errors while building. We see that your files provided the following error:

Tool problem issue: "Application bootloader (backup) segment overlaps with: Application bootloader", origin: IVT: Field value: 0x53000, target: IVT, resource: Application bootloader (backup) [ValidationEngineFactory.lambda$5]
SEVERE: [TOOL] Export failed [IVTCmdApplication.logResult]

For which, we assume the problem is the configuration of the IVT. 

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos