Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G BSP30 Yocto Build LLCE Issues

Jump to solution
xyh7
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a Yocto Linux build that is based on BSP30 that runs on an S32G274A-RDB2 board.

I understand that the board has a few TJA1153 secure CAN transceivers that by default will NOT allow CAN traffic.

In order for me to configure the secure CAN transceivers locally, I am trying to enable the LLCE feature and using the SocketCAN interface to configure all secure CAN transceivers.

By including the dte.bin, frpe.bin, ppe_rx.bin, and ppe_tx.bin firmware (version 1.0.1) files to the Yocto rootfs and enable the LLCE Core, LLCE CAN, and LLCE Mailer modules, I was able to see all llcecanX SocketCAN interfaces in the Yocto build. In addition, I was also able to set the STB_N pin to low using GPIO.

However, when I tried sending a configuration command to the secure CAN transceiver, I kept receiving error message (e.g. LLCE_ERROR_BCAN_ACKERR or LLCE_ERROR_BCAN_BIT0ERR).

Based on the instruction manual, the firmware that comes with BSP30 is version 1.0.2, but I could only find 1.0.1 and 1.0.4 on the NXP website.

Is this a known issue? And where can I find the 1.0.2 LLCE firmware?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello xyh7,

You can find the latest LLCE 1.0.4 files from:

https://www.nxp.com/app-autopackagemgr/software-package-manager:AUTO-SW-PACKAGE-MANAGER

For looking older files click on History tab at left.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello xyh7,

You can find the latest LLCE 1.0.4 files from:

https://www.nxp.com/app-autopackagemgr/software-package-manager:AUTO-SW-PACKAGE-MANAGER

For looking older files click on History tab at left.

Regards

xyh7
Contributor III

Hi,

Could you give me some contexts of the following errors?

1. LLCE_ERROR_BCAN_ACKERR

2. LLCE_ERROR_BCAN_BIT0ERR

Based on the user manual, once the LLCE firmware and drivers are included in the Yocto build, I am supposed to be able to send CAN configuration messages using the SocketCAN interface. Based on my understanding, the initial configuration messages are required for secure CAN PHY (TJA1153). However, when I tried sending a test configuration message on llcecan4, I kept receiving error messages. I've changed the STB_N to low via GPIO per the instructions. Did I miss anything here?

Best

0 Kudos