Please tell me how to change the debugging Core from M7 to A53.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please tell me how to change the debugging Core from M7 to A53.

Jump to solution
kazuki
Contributor II

We have also confirmed the operation of LLCE using "Can_Llce_DS_Can2Can_S32G399A_M7" included in the module.

The operation confirmation environment is as follows.
S32DS:Ver3.5 Build id: 240130 (Update 10)
Debug Probe:S32 Debug Probe
LLCE:S32G_LLCE_1_0_5_QLP1
PFE:PFE-DRV_S32G_M7_MCAL_RTM_1.0.0_QLP1
RTD:RTD_4.4_4.0.0
compiler:GCC v9.2
tresosStudio:Ver28.2
Board used: S32G-VNP-RDB3

I changed the Debugge Hardware setting from M7 Core0 to A53Core0Cluster0.
I would like to change the execution core to A53 for debugging, but when I changed it, an error occurred.
Could you please tell me how to change the execution core to A53 and debug it?スクリーンショット 2024-03-06 194704.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that the specific example was created for an M7 core, hence the following preprocessor symbol is added to the project:

DanielAguirre_0-1709747265912.png

This seems to define the startup procedure. Since, we understand, that the M7 core requires a different initialization routine than the A53 core, this creates a conflict.

As for the RTD, we see the following information is provided under the Release Notes:

DanielAguirre_1-1709747607755.png

For which, we understand that no examples are provided under the specific RTD version for the A53 core. If required, we can recommend starting with an easier example, like Siul2_Dio_Ip_Example_S32G399A_M7 (the blink example) for these situations and start modifying it, since there is no example available (nor debug configuration) for the A53 core and we understand that there is no documentation for this situation. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that the specific example was created for an M7 core, hence the following preprocessor symbol is added to the project:

DanielAguirre_0-1709747265912.png

This seems to define the startup procedure. Since, we understand, that the M7 core requires a different initialization routine than the A53 core, this creates a conflict.

As for the RTD, we see the following information is provided under the Release Notes:

DanielAguirre_1-1709747607755.png

For which, we understand that no examples are provided under the specific RTD version for the A53 core. If required, we can recommend starting with an easier example, like Siul2_Dio_Ip_Example_S32G399A_M7 (the blink example) for these situations and start modifying it, since there is no example available (nor debug configuration) for the A53 core and we understand that there is no documentation for this situation. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos