cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux BSP35.0 PFE enablement error

0xEC
Contributor IV

Hi everyone,

I worked on custom S32G274A SoC with Linux BSP33.0, it was working fine with PFE etc. Then i need to change my working environment so tried to get Yocto build project into new working environment. migrate.sh returns error and i saw that the link inside the migrate sh not valid anymore so i tried to get BSP35.0 and compiled it for my custom S32G274A SoC. it works but whenever i tried to enable PFE features with compatible PFE fw and driver, while booting kernel board resets itself.

0xEC_0-1694072167196.png

As you can see in above snip it resets itself.

Does anyone work on PFE in Linux BSP35.0?

Best,

0 Kudos
8 Replies

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @0xEC,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

What changes you have made in your working environment? Can you share what migrate.sh do?

Have you made any significant changes in BSP? Can you please elaborate scenario specifically?

Thanks,

Mayank S Patel

0 Kudos

0xEC
Contributor IV
hi @MayanksPatel,
actually migrate sh is working but after getting repo and trying to run repo sync it says unreachable URLs for some source codes. i checked these URLs and they are really unavailable. I thought BSP33 migrate sh wont work any more. I just changed LPDDR4 RAM initialization code in TF-A source code and just disable PFE_MAC2 on U-Boot source code. There is no other changes on the code.
Best,
0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @0xEC,

I have tested PFE Firmware Version 1.4.0 with BSP35 and tried to enable it and I am not facing the issue of a reboot. I doubt that the issue you are facing is due to the environment setup. Please check the environment and let us know.

Also, Is there a specific requirement to stop the PFE_MAC2 interface? Can you please remove a piece of code from the u-boot to stop the PFE_MAC2 environment and test it?

Thanks,

Mayank S Patel

0 Kudos

0xEC
Contributor IV
hi @MayanksPatel,
i disabled PFE_MAC2 in both BSP33.0 and BSP35.0 because our custom HW has different connection for pins which used by PFE_MAC2 than eval board. I could boot with BSP35.0 in eval board but in custom board as i said it could not boot. I just change 2 things in yocto project, one is for LPDDR4 2GB ram initialization code generated by S32DS DDR Tool in U-boot and AT-F, and the other one is just disabling PFE_MAC2 in U-boot s32g274ardb2.h file, updating a define which is PFENG_MODE changed from "enable, sgmii, none, rgmii" to "enable, sgmii, none, none" so that PFE is enabled and PFE_MAC0 is in sgmii mode and MAC1&2 are just disabled. I applied same changes on BSP33.0 and it works fine, i just wonder why i could not boot with BSP35.0 with same changes, which are just changing DDR ram init and disabling mac2 of pfe.

Best,
0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @0xEC,

I have initiated a thread with the internal team. I will get back to you on this.

Thanks,

Mayank S Patel

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @0xEC,

Please share the s32g274ardb2.h file and the DDR generate parameters here.

0 Kudos

0xEC
Contributor IV

Hi @MayanksPatel,

You can see changes in s32g274ardb2.h file as follows:

0xEC_0-1694673878337.png

just update PFENG_MODE define.

and for 2GB LPDDR4 RAM, i used following parameter in S32DS DDR Tool and generate init code with that,

image2023-8-10_15-51-59.png

Best,

0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @0xEC,

Did you follow BSP35 chapter 11 to integrate the DDR code into ATF?
The Instruction is different from BSP 33. Please look at this.
That could be the issue.

Thanks,
Mayank S Patel

0 Kudos