Is the S32G2-VNP-RDB2 board compatible with the auto_yocto_bsp ubuntu image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the S32G2-VNP-RDB2 board compatible with the auto_yocto_bsp ubuntu image?

Gerry15
Contributor III

Hello,

I already use the auto_yocto_bsp for running the S32G-VNP-RDB2 development board, but I always build the image with the normal -m "non-ubuntu" option. There is also the option to build the image with ubuntu(-base), would this work on this board?  

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Besides it works, we don;t recommend to use the ubuntu mage since all features included in yocto for auto will lost.

Regards

0 Kudos

Gerry15
Contributor III

Hey,

thank you for the quick answer. What are the auto features concretely? Further, what is the difference between `fsl-image-ubuntu` `fsl-image-ubuntu-base`? 
P.S. what is the standard login for 'fsl-image-ubuntu'? I could not find any discription from NXP.

Sincerely

Gerry

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Since it not from NXP, But the BSP for Auto included drivers like CAN that are not in the ubuntu image, the ubuntu image just include the GUI and network.

Regards

0 Kudos

Gerry15
Contributor III

Hey,

thank you for the answer. Unfortunately I am still not able to find out the login credentials for the `s32g274ardb2ubuntu` image.

As already discussed here Solved: login username and password failure - NXP Community, I have the right MACHINE activated, which is the s32g274ardb2ubuntu. "root root" does not work.

Do you have the login credentials documented somewhere?

Kind regards

Gerry

0 Kudos