cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPCF Error: uboot stop in FCCU status

Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,All

I reference the Document Number: AN13750 : Enabling Multicore Application on S32G2
using S32G2 Platform Software Integration

Then I use BSP36.0 in S32g274ardb2,then I use the steps :

Ada_Lovelace_0-1686210031773.png

but the uboot stop it in FCCU

Ada_Lovelace_1-1686210153849.png

I will show you the content in SD card

Ada_Lovelace_2-1686210407164.png

I aslo try binaries_auto_linux_bsp33.0_s32g2_pfe in NXP, and I write the command in uboot , uboot and kernel start up succesfully , but when I put the command: insmod ipc-shm-sample_multi-instance.ko , it shows invaild parameter.

Could someone tells me how to fix it?

I use the the SW32G_IPCF_4.6.0_D2205 in S32DS platform.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that you used the NXP provided Bootloader to boot the A53 core into Linux. If so, the IPCF instructions that are provided under the example take into account that you are booting Linux without a Bootloader. Have you verified the same steps without the NXP bootloader step? We have run the examples and did not encounter this situation.

As for the BSP33.0, IPCF was not correctly compiled under the provided image. AN13750 provides the required patches for BSP33.0.

We can either recommend booting directly into Linux, without the use of a bootloader, or following AN13750 steps one by one, which do not require any uboot commands.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am following AN13750 steps again, try to boot from NOR flash, but when I  program the Nor-flash and insert the SD card , I found nothing in Tera Term, it seems that it is not in linux.

Ada_Lovelace_0-1686272227083.png

Ada_Lovelace_1-1686272310742.png

I  will upload the IPCF project and files , please help me.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have confirmed that AN13750 steps works, and we can see a Linux output under our terminal. We have confirmed this with both BSP33.0 and BSP36.0 and with M7 running an application.

Are you using the BSP image as it is? Or are you setting up the patch for the FIP_ALIGN value?, which is needed. You need to build the ATF with FIP_ALIGN=64, since this is a restriction over the NXP provided bootloader.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,

I use the BSP image by my own and change FIP_ALIGN=64,but  it does not work, can you provide the BSP image for me ?

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It does seem that this has merged with the following thread:

IPCF_Example_multi_instance_S32G274 do not work - NXP Community

Is that correct?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi

I think it's different . 

This one is to start up from QSPI flash in m7 .

IPCF_Example_multi_instance_S32G274 do not work - NXP Community  start up from SD card,  we tryed two ways to test IPCF code ,but it both does not work.

We search the community and read the document , but we can nof find out the problem.

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since the last comment was talking about asking for the BSP36.0 image, we assume that both threads were merging, we do apologize.

Even though they did not merge, the comment on the above-mentioned thread provides the insight over the BSP36.0 image.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos