Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Generate ECC_KEY_PAIR in S32G2

Jump to solution
JUNYOUNG12
Contributor I

Hello,

I am currently performing a key generation service to create ECC_KEY_PAIR using S32G2's MCAL and EB Tresos' MCAL configuration tool. It seems that to generate ECC_KEY_PAIR, I need to allocate 96 bytes (private key: 32 bytes, public key: 64 bytes) of space in the Key Catalog. However, in the HSE (HSE Standard version) that I am currently using, allocating 256 bits or more in the Key Catalog results in an error when performing the "publishing key catalog" operation. Inevitably, when I allocate 256 bits to the key catalog and perform the generate ECC key pair operation, I encounter an "Invalid parameter" error.

I would like to inquire if there is an alternative method to generate ECC_KEY_PAIR.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that there is a limitation under the HSE Standard FW on regards of ECC key size [Page 17, HSE HIGH FW FAQ.pdf]:

DanielAguirre_0-1694715741045.png

As for HSE-FW implementations, since HSE-FW is confidential, help us either contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE or opening a ticket under the NXP online services, since a private channel is required for these topics. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand that there is a limitation under the HSE Standard FW on regards of ECC key size [Page 17, HSE HIGH FW FAQ.pdf]:

DanielAguirre_0-1694715741045.png

As for HSE-FW implementations, since HSE-FW is confidential, help us either contacting your local NXP FAE/DFAE or opening a ticket under the NXP online services, since a private channel is required for these topics. We do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos