cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot mode of the S32G

Jump to solution
maiwl
Contributor I

CAN the BootRom of the S32G2 be started in CAN mode besides the serial port mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For what it is provided under the S32 Flash Tool User Guide, those 3 "CAN device name" are the ones provided.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Under the S32G2 Reference manual, the following is told [Page 1341, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 7, February 2023]:

"In Serial Boot mode, BootROM programs the HSE_H SWT for a 60-second timeout, then continuously polls for activity on any of the available interfaces:
•CAN
•UART
If no activity is detected, the timer expires and the core is reset. BootROM sequentially checks for activity on all available interfaces and selects the first serial interface that it identifies as active as the download interface."

If you want to use CAN for the serial download, then the LIN/UART interface should not be used, for it to detect activity on CAN and start using CAN.

Since this is related to the BootROM, you cannot disable one or the other.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
maiwl
Contributor I

Thank you very much for your reply

Is there documentation describing how to download it by CAN? I only know that downloading via UART is using S32FlashTool
0 Kudos
maiwl
Contributor I

I found some information about CAN download. Do you only support CAN devices from these three manufacturers (VectorXL Kvaser IXXAT)?

maiwl_0-1685590295591.pngmaiwl_1-1685590309331.png

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For what it is provided under the S32 Flash Tool User Guide, those 3 "CAN device name" are the ones provided.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos