CAN 1 is not working in s32k146

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN 1 is not working in s32k146

Jeevi
Contributor I

I am using the s32k146 can_pal example code. The code is correctly working for can 0 but I have changed the same code for can 1. I am not able to tx/rx messages. Can you please help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Jeevi

please don't waste our time, I have told you many times that if you want me to help solve it, I need you to provide your hardware schematic diagram, the software version(ide and sdk), and I will help you make a test demo, otherwise I cannot help you without these information.

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Jeevi

I will try my best to help you solve your problem.

In order to quickly locate the problem, I hope you can provide your hardware information, such as schematic diagram.

I will write a demo program for your reference, but I cannot help you troubleshoot your hardware problem.

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Jeevi

Don't forget to  change the CAN1 Pin-Settings

Senlent_0-1698805436288.png

0 Kudos

Jeevi
Contributor I

Hi @Senlent I have changed the pins in both pin_mux.c and pin_mux.h file. But also I am not able to tx/rx messages. I am not using two development boards instead I am using can tool to see the communication. I have attached the pins and peripherals that I have changed. Are there any other need to things that need to be configured? Correct me If I am wrong. I got stuck in this place.

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Jeevi

I didn't find error from your picture, could you please share the whole project and the hardware information. I will help you to check it.

0 Kudos

Jeevi
Contributor I

I am using a custom board(S32K146) in that I have three can buses can 0, can 1, and can 2. I have checked the can 0 using the same code for me can 0 is working properly. I am using the USB CAN FD tool from Waveshare and I am connecting the CAN_L pin to the CAN_L in the can tool as well as the CAN_H pin to the CAN_H in the can tool. I have used can channel1 with a termination resistor of 120 ohm. I'll share my code can you verify that, please? Is that data phase correct in configuration?

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Jeevi

I still not find any problem on your demo code, it just same as the demo on the IDE.

so please double check your hardware.

0 Kudos

Jeevi
Contributor I

I have checked my hardware it is perfect. I don't know where are the mistakes. can you please help me?

0 Kudos

Jeevi
Contributor I

Hi @Senlent I am using this one for can buses TJA1043T,118. Can you please help me out to solve my problem? 

0 Kudos

Senlent
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi@Jeevi

you have to set TJA1043 to NORMAL MODE before use, so please check if the STB_N and EN pin of TJA1043 is already set to High or not.

Senlent_0-1698980412078.png

0 Kudos

Jeevi
Contributor I

Hi @Senlent Both pins are already in the high state for three-can buses. But still, I am not able to tx/rx messages.

0 Kudos