how to reinstall the s32ds on linux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reinstall the s32ds on linux?

imarkwang
Contributor I

I uninstalled the s32ds, but can not reinstall it again. It will roll back installation without pop the active code input window.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

there is known issue with linux installer and will be fixed in next release. As a workaround manually delete old install directory (the default one is confusing FSL_FlexLM) and try to run installer from clean directory. For example - if you previously start installer from your home - create new directory inside home and start installer from this directory.  Hope it helps. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

imarkwang
Contributor I

I tried to install in the directory in /home/nxps32ds either.

The issue is still appear.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark, 

Installer team recommended to check available space in the /tmp directory. S32DS is requesting about 5GB of free space in /tmp directory. In previous question I put wrong path for log file - the log file should be inside 

~/NXP/S32DS__v2.0/_S32 Design Studio for  v2.0_installation/Logs 

directory.

Jiri   

0 Kudos

imarkwang
Contributor I

Thanks Jiri.

I tried to change the directory. But the issue is still showing up again.

I put the S32DS_Vision_Linux_v2.0_b170913.bin file in /home/markw/Downloads the first time and installed to /home/markw/NXP/.

I change to put the installation file into /hoem/markw/s32ds and tried to install it into /home/markw/s32ds. It still rolled back the installation.

Should I must to reboot the ubuntu or should I change another user?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I tried install S32DS for vision/ uninstall and install it again (all time with default opitons and from the very same path) - and no issue on my machine. It is Ubuntu 16.04, 64bit. Can you please share installation log file? should be located (with default options) on ~/NXP/S32DS_Vision_v2.0/_S32 Design Studion for Vision v2.0_installation 

Jiri

0 Kudos

imarkwang
Contributor I

hi, Jiri.

My macine is Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64).

There is no log file under NXP/S32DS_Vision_v2.0/_S32 Design Studion for Vision v2.0_installation/Logs.

questions:

1.Do you reboot your machine after uninstall the S32DS for vision?

2.When will the next version installer in linux will be release?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I tested both cases - without reboot and with rebooting after uninstall - always without any issue. In which phase the is the roll back action started? After licence agreement? Is installator asking for sudoer password? And last - do you have access to /tmp folder?

Jiri 

0 Kudos

imarkwang
Contributor I

Before the licence agreemet and after input the sudoer password.

I do see some temporary directory under the /tmp directory.

0 Kudos