Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install S32 Design Studio v3.4 due to license issue

Jump to solution
tomislavrac
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to install S32 Design Studio v3.4 so here are the steps I took:

• I downloaded the installation file (S32DS.3.4_b201217_win32.x86_64.exe) from here: s32kv3.4-download.JPG
  • Here is license information from the License Keys tabs32kv3.4-download-licence_edited.jpg
  • When I enter activation code listed above I get this error messageerror msg.jpg

 Here is print screen from my NXP account where the same Activation code is listed but it says it's for S32 Design Studio 3.5 Development Package.(???) I didn't download or install version 3.5 at all.

licence from my account-edited.jpg

 Can you please help me to install S32 Design Studio? What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you aren't looking in the correct place. There are actually 3 activation codes attached to your account.

One for S32DS 3.4, ends with '5C61'

One for S32K3 Standard Software, ends with 'F43B'

One for S32DS for PA, ends with '39FE'

I'll send you a PM with the full code for the S32DS 3.4 activation code. It appears you just got this one today, which means you probably also received an email with this code as well.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @tomislavrac,

Please use the following link to the S32DS 3.4 download.

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=S32DS-3-4

Since you already have S32DS 3.4 downloaded and installed, it is not necessary to download again. Please click on the 'License Keys' tab to locate the activation code.

The activation code you were tryng to use, which is associated with 'S32K3 Standard Software', is a different license which can be used for multiple versions of S32DS. However, it can only migrate to newer versions, not backward. Somehow, this license was attached to the S32DS 3.5 version, so you cannot use it for S32DS 3.4.

The link provided above, is the same one as found on the S32DS for S32 Platform Product site:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
tomislavrac
Contributor II

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the quick reply. 

When I click on the 'License Keys' tab to locate the activation code, I can find the same code I was already trying to use. I believe it's linked to my NXP account now.

Can I somehow get a new activation code for v3.4 and attach it to my NXP account?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you aren't looking in the correct place. There are actually 3 activation codes attached to your account.

One for S32DS 3.4, ends with '5C61'

One for S32K3 Standard Software, ends with 'F43B'

One for S32DS for PA, ends with '39FE'

I'll send you a PM with the full code for the S32DS 3.4 activation code. It appears you just got this one today, which means you probably also received an email with this code as well.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
komurugov
Contributor I

Hi @mikedoidge,

I'm a colleague of @tomislavrac, and I have the same issue. Could you send me a code for S32DS 3.4 too, please?

0 Kudos
tomislavrac
Contributor II

Hi, 

Thanks! I managed to install it now.

My colleague has the same problem, so he will ask you to send him activation code for the same software.

Thank you!

0 Kudos