cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The operational performance of projects compiled by S32DS keil IAR

Jump to solution
zhangchun
Contributor III

I am optimizing an electrical engineering project and currently using S32DS for development. After optimization, the logic of the motor control part requires 30us, which cannot meet my needs.

I would like to know if using keil or IAR can improve code performance? Because I saw someone using Keil to compile results that looked a lot better from the perspective of occupied memory space

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI0MDk0ODcxMw==&mid=2247485570&idx=1&sn=0523356c29468baed0abeffea8...

zhangchun_0-1692283357166.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it's hard to answer if the using IAR or Keil can fix your issue - you need to test it by yourself. It is possible than Keil or IAR will be better than GNU gcc (which is free open source tool).  

Best way - especially in such time critical parts like motor control - is manual optimization of your code and find the way how to write it better. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it's hard to answer if the using IAR or Keil can fix your issue - you need to test it by yourself. It is possible than Keil or IAR will be better than GNU gcc (which is free open source tool).  

Best way - especially in such time critical parts like motor control - is manual optimization of your code and find the way how to write it better. 

0 Kudos
zhangchun
Contributor III
Thank you for your reply

After experiments, the performance of the same code running on keil did not improve,

Thank you for your big suggestion. I will manually optimize the code later on
0 Kudos