cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 and SWD printf support

paulkissel
Contributor I

Hello,

Where can I find the driver level source code for semihost printf support in SWD mode for the S32K?  Is it part of the newlib C library or is it a separate module?  I want to examine how the host mode works on the S32K to see how feasible it is to import into an existing project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @paulkissel ,

To enable the printf with the newlib library select the library with the debbuger console:

Alexis_A_0-1603910181494.png

And in the debugger console enable the semihost option:

Alexis_A_1-1603911411137.png

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

paulkissel
Contributor I

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the reply.  My question is where is the source code for this semi host and printf support through newlib?  I have a project which must not use newlib so I wish to gauge the feasibility of porting some of the code over just to support the semi host printf capability of the MCU.  I'm trying to find the internals of how this printf is working via newlib and semi host mode in other words.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @paulkissel,

Newlib is an open-source library, detailed information and the source code can be found on their webpage.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

paulkissel
Contributor I

Thanks Alexis.  I found some code for semihosting in the rdimon-aem.S, but this is for Cortex A series.  What I'm looking for is semihost code for the M4 on the S32K144.

0 Kudos