S32DS for Arm v2.2 Installation is not Starting (Windows 11)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS for Arm v2.2 Installation is not Starting (Windows 11)

Jump to solution
nixrunner
Contributor II

Hello;

NXP S32DS for Arm installation cannot start due to some reason. I am suspecting a Java or InstallAnywhere related issue. I have tried launching with LAXVM parameters,disabled windows firewall, cleared all temp files/browser cache etc. and tried again. Still did not work. Also tried older versions, still no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Windows 11 version 22H2

Oracle Java 8 Update 361

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nixrunner
Contributor II

I solved the problem. I used the solution proposed here: https://community.altair.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=7dd600fa1b2bd0908017dc61ec4bcbc1

It seems like when I run the installer by right-clicking and running in administrator mode, it is still not meeting sufficient permissions. To resolve this, you must unlock the hidden "true administrator" account and install S32DS and FreeMaster using this account for all users.

To do this, follow these instructions(use method of your choice):

https://www.intowindows.com/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-in-windows-10/

This is the method I used:

1)- Open elevated command prompt (right-click, run as admin)

2)- Type:

net user administrator /active:yes

3)- Log out and switch to Administrator account.

4)-Install S32Ds and FreeMaster. Do not forget to create shortcuts for all users and update S32Ds after installing.

5)- Log out from Administrator account. Log in to main account.

6)-Open elevated command prompt and type:

net user administrator /active:no

7)- Congratulations! Now you can start programming.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
nixrunner
Contributor II

I solved the problem. I used the solution proposed here: https://community.altair.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=7dd600fa1b2bd0908017dc61ec4bcbc1

It seems like when I run the installer by right-clicking and running in administrator mode, it is still not meeting sufficient permissions. To resolve this, you must unlock the hidden "true administrator" account and install S32DS and FreeMaster using this account for all users.

To do this, follow these instructions(use method of your choice):

https://www.intowindows.com/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-in-windows-10/

This is the method I used:

1)- Open elevated command prompt (right-click, run as admin)

2)- Type:

net user administrator /active:yes

3)- Log out and switch to Administrator account.

4)-Install S32Ds and FreeMaster. Do not forget to create shortcuts for all users and update S32Ds after installing.

5)- Log out from Administrator account. Log in to main account.

6)-Open elevated command prompt and type:

net user administrator /active:no

7)- Congratulations! Now you can start programming.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @nixrunner,

Perhaps you could adjust the properties of the installer file and select Windows Compatibility Mode. Choose some earlier version, then try to install again.

We plan to add Windows11 support sometime in the future, but for now, we cannot guarantee it will work properly. It is not tested for this OS.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
nixrunner
Contributor II
I tried in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Still no avail.
0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nixrunner 

For Windows host, S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 supports all editions of the operating systems listed below and is limited only by the requirements of the Java Runtime Environment.

• Microsoft® Windows® 7 32-bit and 64-bit
  • Microsoft® Windows® 8/8.1 32-bit and 64-bit 
  • Microsoft® Windows® 10 32-bit and 64-bit

B.R.

VaneB

0 Kudos
nixrunner
Contributor II
Hello;
Which version of JRE should I be using? Also, I am suspecting some problems related to InstallAnywhere.
0 Kudos