Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS cannot detect OpenSDA

axdwqerf
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi NXP Tech Support,

I have few S32K148EVB boards, when I tried to set the debug configuration for them. The port that I can select device cannot be detected.

I've checked few things from hardware perspective (device manager, cable connection), also update the PEMicro driver and reinstall the S32DS IDE. is there any idea how to solve this?

axdwqerf_0-1666258245079.png

axdwqerf_1-1666258328742.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @axdwqerf 

I don't have S32K148, but I have S32K144. It has no issue to recognize the port information when connected via OpenSDA USB connection to my PC.

I also have S32K344 board. This appears to work differently and may offer some insight to you. When I connect it via OpenSDA USB connection, I can use either of the 'USB Multilink, USB Multilink FX, Embedded OSBDM/OSJTAG - USB Port' OR 'OpenSDA Embedded Debug - USB Port' options in the Interface setting of the PEMicro Interface Settings section on the PEmicro Debugger tab. One additional observartion, when I select the 'OpenSDA Embedded Debug - USB Port' option, the Port field is blank. There is no recognized Port setting, unlike the case for the S32K144 EVB. So it could be that it works this way for the S32K148 EVB as well?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos