Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS ARM debugging stuck with Segger J-Link

Jump to solution
uzza9
Contributor III

1. Background

a. MCU: SKEAZ128, IDE: S32 DS ARM

b. I have my own project that has been working on S32DS ARM with PE multilink universal.

c. I need to use Segger J-Link probe for my advanced code development within same development env. i.e. S32DS ARM and the same project.

d. I verified that my S32DS ARM works with Segger J-Link for hello_kea128 project brought from "S32DS Project from example". The R15(PC) = 0x000004E8.

2. Issue

a. My S32 DS ARM with Segger J-Link for my project does not run as it runs well with PE multilink universal probe.

b. PC register when debug starts for my project with Segger J-link had had R15(PC) = FFFFFFFE until I did check "initialize registers on start", but R15(PC) = 000004E8 since I did uncheck the "initialize registers on start" in the Debug Configuration. And no matter check/uncheck the "initialize registers on start", the R15(PC) = 000004E8. The R15(PC) I got console while launching debug.

c. Debugging stuck at [0x00000000: stc2l 15, cr1, [r0, #-1020]! ; 0xfffffc04] when I start with checking "initialize registers on start", however debugging stuck at [0x0000004EB: cpsid i] when I start with unchecking "initialize registers on start".

Please let me know if I need to initialize PC, MSP, and more registers when startup, and how to do if necessary. Moreover why is it working without the initialization when I debug with PE multilink universal probe?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
uzza9
Contributor III

The problem has been fixed when create new project from scratch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
uzza9
Contributor III

The problem has been fixed when create new project from scratch.

uzza9
Contributor III

3. Updates
    3.1. The debugging is working if I Set program counter: 0x0000 24ea as workaround. 

This is because the forced PC skipping [cpsid i] at 0x0000 24e8. A weird is that the [cpsid] was at 0x0000004EB before setting program counter: 0x0000 24ea.

Please refer to screen captures.

However, definitely this is not a appropriate fix. Any comment will be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos