cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS ARM Win32 V2018.R1

michael_vu
Contributor I

Hi NXP community,

I am having trouble installing the S32DS V2018.R1.  Once I download the executable and run the application, the InstallAnywhere begins preparing the installation.  However, at the end of the preparation I receive a java error:

java.lang.Error: Trampoline must not be defined by the bootstrap classloader
at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.getTrampolineClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.access$000(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil$1.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.getTrampoline(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JPanel.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JPanel.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JRootPane.createGlassPane(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JRootPane.<init>(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFrame.createRootPane(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFrame.frameInit(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a1(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a3(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

I am using a Windows 10 64-bit home edition.

My JRE was updated to latest which is Java 8 Update 251, and Java 8 Update 251 (64-bit).  I don't know my previous JRE installation, but I updated my JRE due to this error.

Any help regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello michael.vu@utas.utc.com‌,

We're sorry that you are experiencing this issue. We are investigating this issue and have a few suggestions for you.

1) try downloading the install file again, it is possible it was corrupted somewhow

2) check if you have a log file in the folder 
   'C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\_S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1_installation\Logs'

3) Do you require v2018.R1? The latest version is v2.2, would you try installing it instead?

4) We see you have Home Edition of Windows 10. Do you have any unusual settings or OS configuration?

5) Did you verify that the Windows user account you are using for the installation is part of the administrators user group?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

michael_vu
Contributor I

I had a successful installation on my second PC.  This PC is an un-activated Windows 10 Home OS with no JRE.  I  removed JRE, as well as, rolling back JRE 7 on the desired PC.  However, there was still no success... the same error occurs.  At this point, it may require an new installation of windows 10 which I would like to avoid...

I recently upgraded the memory on the second PC to an SSD for faster OS (~3 months ago).  So, I am suspecting bad QA on Microsoft's part with Windows 10.  This may be anecdotal... but i've never had so many weird PC related issues until Windows 10.  Maybe it's time to consider Linux...

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Michael,

I have some possible causes for this issue:

1. Windows installer S32DS_ARM_Win32_v2018.R1_b180326.exe was digitally code-signed with old Freescale certificate, which expired on ‎14 ‎may ‎2018
  2. Also it may happen due to a lack of disk space in %TEMP% directory
  3. Windows firewall may block installer launch from root disk directory like C:\
  4. Old Java version 1.8.0_51 may be blocked

Please check the above items. This is indeed a strange issue you are having. I look forward to your results on installing to the 2nd PC.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

michael_vu
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

1) try downloading the install file again, it is possible it was corrupted somewhow

I downloaded the installation application again, but the same error occurs after the InstallAnywhere attempts to unpack everything.

2) check if you have a log file in the folder 
   'C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\_S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1_installation\Logs'

There is no NXP folder anywhere in C.  I performed a search for NXP which showed no folders.

3) Do you require v2018.R1? The latest version is v2.2, would you try installing it instead?

This is the version that my company program is using.  It would be best to maintain this configuration.  However, I did try to install the V2.2.  I did not get the same error, but the application disappears after the InstallAnywhere is 100% complete.  There is still no NXP folder created from this attempt.

4) We see you have Home Edition of Windows 10. Do you have any unusual settings or OS configuration?

I am using a Windows 10 OS that is not activated.  A non-activated license is still automatically updated.  Otherwise, there isn’t anything unusual about my OS configuration.  I may have removed Cortana and Windows Store… but it’s been awhile since I played with any OS specific services.

5) Did you verify that the Windows user account you are using for the installation is part of the administrators user group?

The user account is part of the Administrators user group.  I verified this using the CMD prompt “net localgroup administrators”. 

I have another windows 10 PC that I can attempt an installation… I’ll update you when I can.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos